Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems to restore Minix X5

Hello guys!

I do not know if here is the right place for my doubts, but ...

I'm having problems to restore the original firmeware minix x5, I'm test ALL ROM that here http://www.minix.com.hk/Support.htm, finless and so many others...

No problems with the ROM occurs either during the flash process or during the restore, but after booting the device enter in a loop, (bootlogo -> systemlogo -> reboot -> bootlogo -> systemlogo -> reboot ->bootlogo ...) ALL roms repeat this process.

The strange and when I change kernel.img for MK808 kernel (still using the same structure as the original firmeware of Minix X5 ROM, boot.img, system.img , param, bootloader ...)
    ROM works normally!

Is there any difference in hardware by location? I'm from Brazil and anybody not complaining of this problem ...

The board image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140307_182847198_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	439119

Can someone help me?

Solution!

After a long time I finally figured out the problem ...

There are two models of X5 Minix:

NEO-X5-116A - Standard Model and most found on the market

NEO-X5-116I - Model used for digital signage, has junpers for auto power on, has support for serial port and JTAG

The biggest difference between the two is the power controller, the first has a WM831X and the second uses a TPS65910

When activated the ethernet module vmac_rk29, it tries to read the power controller is being used, if this is the wrong, the kernel simply stops working, freezing the initialization

kernel for NEO-X5-116I
    kernel_x5i.zip

Moderators and administrators all ROM's here are NEO-X5-116I ... would be good to inform that ...

Comment

I think the unit I have might be the 116I was you able to change the firmware on it?

Comment

Originally posted by supert8ch View Post
        I think the unit I have might be the 116I was you able to change the firmware on it?
        Can any one assist me in getting some better understanding of the exact unit I am trying to work on? As I look through hundreds of threads I find different comments on different configs and can not properly identify my used unit.

Comment

Working...
        X