Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMLogic 3e Recovery and Signed Updates Issue (E-Signature Fail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLogic 3e Recovery and Signed Updates Issue (E-Signature Fail)

I'm new to Android Development. I am using a Nextbook7P12-8G tablet. It is running a rooted recovery(Amlogic Next7P12-8G Modified Recovery - Stock Rom & Flashable Root) from ShuanMT ( You rock man!).

The recovery is setup to accept Google Test Keys. I tried to make an update and sign it but I keep ending up with an E-Signature failure. How do I sign an update with Google Test Keys?

I tried Zip Signer. Didn't work.
    I tried Apktool 442 using Testkey.pk8 and testkey.x509.pem. Didn't work.
    I used dsixda's Android Kitchen. Didn't work.

I was told to use the Android SDK to sign it. I have re-downloaded the entire SDK and can't find where I would do that.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by papamark View Post
    I'm new to Android Development. I am using a Nextbook7P12-8G tablet. It is running a rooted recovery(Amlogic Next7P12-8G Modified Recovery - Stock Rom & Flashable Root) from ShuanMT ( You rock man!).

The recovery is setup to accept Google Test Keys. I tried to make an update and sign it but I keep ending up with an E-Signature failure. How do I sign an update with Google Test Keys?

I tried Zip Signer. Didn't work.
    I tried Apktool 442 using Testkey.pk8 and testkey.x509.pem. Didn't work.
    I used dsixda's Android Kitchen. Didn't work.

I was told to use the Android SDK to sign it. I have re-downloaded the entire SDK and can't find where I would do that.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
    BTW.... Getting CWM out for this model is next on my list, followed by new stock based ROMs. CWM won't require any signature at all...

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I did it! I think I had bad test key files. I found a version of APKTools online after stumbling on this site HERE. Then I used ShaunMT's Stock ROM, and installed su and Chainfire SuperSu into the ROM. Then I cleaned some bloatware, added some other apks (a root explorer, root checker, and different email program). Zip and signed the whole thing and bam! I had a working ROM that installed using ShaunMT's custom recovery. I found two problems. The first I had was using Apktools interface. It just would not work right. I had to place the zip file in in the same folder as the signing files and run java from command prompt. I just saved the command in a text file so I would never forget it. The second problem was that some of the apks l deleted were on the original home screen after first boot. Maps was one. After the inital boot up, there was an empty space on the home screen where maps was usually at. Everything works and I can rearrange the screen with no problem but I don't know how to setup the initial home screen with apps I choose. If anyone knows please drop me a line.

Comment

Working...
      X