Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 7 G2 - Fails to download firmware...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 7 G2 - Fails to download firmware...

Generally being pretty good with computers and being a software engineer myself, I thought I'd try and install some custom firmware for my first foray in the the tablet world.

I downloaded Rockchip batch tool, reset my tablet, installed the drivers. Batch tool and the RKAndroid Tool both detected the device just fine.

I first tried applying the MorkaMod firmware. The process started, but then failed at "Downloading file/firmware" (can't remember exactly what the text was).

Since that failed, I went out and found the Finless package.

Read that I should Erase the IDB, so I did that.

Then tried to flash the Finless firmware, same exact issue, "failed to download file".

Any idea what's going on with it?

OK sounds like your being too computer savvy

MAKE SURE when you unzip my ROM kit you do not mess with file locations or anything like that. That error usually means it COULD NOT find the files needed to flash OR you do not have admin permissions.

Just unzip my package to a folder YOU HAVE ADMIN permissions on. No less no more. When your run the tool if your on windows 7 or Vista YOU MUST HAVE ADMIN permissions. If you do not, you wont be able to flash. So if you get a PROMPT asking for admin rights to run this... answer yes! If you do not get that prompt, your on a PC that is limiting your user rights period!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

My account user is Administrator and I run the exe with right-click "Run as Administrator".

Still the same issue.

Would low/dead batter cause it? I can't tell if it is properly charging since the screen is just always black.

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X