Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Android/Linux box for XBMC under $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Android/Linux box for XBMC under $100?

I currently have the Pi but its just too slow for me now. Ive seen videos of boxes like the geniatech atv520e and its much faster. What are the most popular boxes on here?

I don't mind buying an android box and flashing linux on it so it runs smoother.

I only use the box to watch plugs ins like 1channel and icefilms I never stream video.

The mk808 works decently well with Beyond XBMC 3.3 for about $40. The Tronsmart a928 is considerably faster at $99 and works even better but is still a rk3188-t which has issues we're still trying to work out at the moment. If you're wanting the best XBMC performance out there get an AMLogic based box. They are slower but play video like a raspberry pi.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

I've been following this one for ~$90. Once a couple more reviews come in I'll pull the trigger.

Comment

Re: Which Android/Linux box for XBMC under $100?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396780305095.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	433421

Any thoughts on this box??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by derrickrozay View Post
          I currently have the Pi but its just too slow for me now. Ive seen videos of boxes like the geniatech atv520e and its much faster. What are the most popular boxes on here?

I don't mind buying an android box and flashing linux on it so it runs smoother.

I only use the box to watch plugs ins like 1channel and icefilms I never stream video.
          I have a raspberry pi and and ATV520E. I was disappointed at first with the ATV520E, because it did not play high quality1080p like the rpi. But after applying the latest firmware and the latest XBMC Gotham 3, it play video very well.

The ATV520E is a great box once you get past the quirks.

For example, In order to get the files to show up when applying a firmware update, you have to press the menu button 8 times.

The ATV520E is a lot faster when navigating addons in XBMC.

Genaitech has the ATV1800 and ATV582 coming out very soon. I emailed a local reseller and they said middle of April.

p.s. If you use 1channel and icefilms, you are streaming video. You are streaming from the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
            [ATTACH]6040[/ATTACH]

Any thoughts on this box??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
            No idea, I would order from geekbuying at least then you know what you're getting. That case is used in a variety of different hardware configurations.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

A LOT of people are buying the Amazon Fire TV 99.00. It will run XBMC from what I have been reading.

I have a Ugoos UT2 on the way from geekbuying. They got real good reviews. I had to send back the 1st one I got because it was, I'm guessing, an early beta test unit with the RK3188T chip in it. That's what they sell you at dealsprime.com. Maybe it wasn't their fault and they just didn't know, but I had to get Paypal involved to get them to refund my money. Just saying, what ever device you buy beware! Confirm what you're getting in writing by emailing them before you order it.

Now, even with the "T" chip, that UT2 was smooth and I liked it a lot but I wanted what I paid for. I ran Beyond XBMC on it with no problems for the few days I had it.
              FLHT = Harley
              HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
                A LOT of people are buying the Amazon Fire TV 99.00. It will run XBMC from what I have been reading.

I have a Ugoos UT2 on the way from geekbuying. They got real good reviews. I had to send back the 1st one I got because it was, I'm guessing, an early beta test unit with the RK3188T chip in it. That's what they sell you at dealsprime.com. Maybe it wasn't their fault and they just didn't know, but I had to get Paypal involved to get them to refund my money. Just saying, what ever device you buy beware! Confirm what you're getting in writing by emailing them before you order it.

Now, even with the "T" chip, that UT2 was smooth and I liked it a lot but I wanted what I paid for. I ran Beyond XBMC on it with no problems for the few days I had it.
                Beelink s89 clone from asiapads > Ugoos UT2 > Tronsmart a928 => t428

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Comment

Reflash into linux, stable, fast.....

Comment

Working...
                  X