Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-bay hdd -> after restart all hdd-paths has been changed !! have to connect all movies again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-bay hdd -> after restart all hdd-paths has been changed !! have to connect all movies again!!

hi.
    first of all -> forgive my english ^^

problem-->>

i got this one

its a 5bay hdd-station,so i can connect alle my hdds with the neo x7.

mode: clean ( so every hdd has its name,5 hdds, 5 paths)

------

every time i restart or shut down the neo x7 and power off the 5bay-hdd tower, all paths to the hdd has been changed oO
    so i have to connect every hdd again -.-
    frustating

i want: that whenever i shutdown,restart the neo x7 or the 5bay-tower all paths to the hdd are the same, i dont have to set the paths agian

plssssss help me :C

thx

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
    hi.
    first of all -> forgive my english ^^

problem-->>

i got this one

its a 5bay hdd-station,so i can connect alle my hdds with the neo x7.

mode: clean ( so every hdd has its name,5 hdds, 5 paths)

------

every time i restart or shut down the neo x7 and power off the 5bay-hdd tower, all paths to the hdd has been changed oO
    so i have to connect every hdd again -.-
    frustating

i want: that whenever i shutdown,restart the neo x7 or the 5bay-tower all paths to the hdd are the same, i dont have to set the paths agian

plssssss help me :C

thx
    You could try following a tutorial for Ubuntu on editing fstab file; you'll need to also install terminal as well. I'd test it out on Linux first and when your comfortable try it on the MINIX box.

Wonder if fuse works on this box? Anyone try fuse on android?

Comment

Well, on linux this would be pretty easy with numerous ways to do but Android is kinda lacking these features:
      - blkid --> Find the device id and mount with it
      - udev rules --> use vendor and device id to create unique mount points
      I already tried once to find similar stuff for Android but I had no success.

I guess your problem is that the drives come up and get registered in different orders, i.e. sometimes drive one is the first to become ready and is registered with Android, sometimes it's drive 3 etc.

What maybe could help you is this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.stickmount

The paid version support mounting by label.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
        You could try following a tutorial for Ubuntu on editing fstab file; you'll need to also install terminal as well. I'd test it out on Linux first and when your comfortable try it on the MINIX box.

Wonder if fuse works on this box? Anyone try fuse on android?
        Originally posted by SoulStyle View Post
        Well, on linux this would be pretty easy with numerous ways to do but Android is kinda lacking these features:

I guess your problem is that the drives come up and get registered in different orders, i.e. sometimes drive one is the first to become ready and is registered with Android, sometimes it's drive 3 etc.

What maybe could help you is this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.stickmount

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

thx will give atry.
          i also tried gotham -> no problems at all oO
          but ->> hd-stuttering -.-
          again grrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by SoulStyle View Post

damn i need the paid version ^^
            is there a alternate tool for that stuff?
            because every xmbc ive tried -> same shi.. ^^ - all movies are not in order.frustating
            ok,its only 2,5 euro for stickmount pro,but i hat ethat i cant pay with paypal -.-
            and i dont want to buy a 15 euro playstorecard oO !!
            i only need 2,5 !
            damnnn

Comment

You can try the mounting app from Paragon (don't know if it helps in your case, but it's free so worth a try):

Comment

after some ... weeks ^^ ive got a solution -->> hardwareguru rom ;D it does have airpin and will mount the hdds from the beginning ->> no problems at all ->thx

Comment

ok,ive tried maaaanny ways to fix this problem -> no solution yet!
                  many people with the minix have the same problem.
                  so pls,community,help us
                  plsssssssssssss
                  there must be a way to bound every hdd with a speficif path.
                  a unique path.
                  ive tried stickmount pro -> same problem.
                  the hdd are mounted not in the same way sometimes and so the paths to some hdd are sometimes not the same and i have to reconnect them and have to relaod all movies.
                  annoying.

PLS,help us.
                  i want to make it easy 4 u all

--->> if someone will find a solution that works ill buy him a beer (paypal) for that solution.
                  i swear - thats worth it

so guys -> find a solution ^^ (maybe a easy one hahah)

thx

Comment

if someone dont understand the message ->>
                    the first person who will find a solution will get 3 bucks ^^
                    and i stand to my word

Comment

I had this same issue

I had this same issue and found a solution outside of what you are looking for. Everytime with the App "Mizuu" that I would disconnect a drive or restart the device, android would remount them in different orders and I would have to resync entire library.

I now use network attached storage with apps such as "Mizuu" and now I don't have the issue of the hardrives mounting different paths everytime since it is just a static IP address. I no longer worry about resyncing mutiple Terabytes worth of movies and tv shows anytime i restart my device.

Comment

mmmm worth a try
                        problem is a have a 5bay-hdd tower oO
                        how can i connect the tower as a networkshare?
                        maybe with a "fritzbox" ?
                        dows someone know a cheap and easy way to share my 5bay hdd within the network?
                        i dont want to use my computer for that ^^
                        i want to connect the 5bay-hdd directly to my network without extra tons of hardware or a computer that has to run 24/7
                        maybe someone has already such a system ^^
                        thx

Comment

mmmm worth a try
                          problem is a have a 5bay-hdd tower oO
                          how can i connect the tower as a networkshare?
                          maybe with a "fritzbox" ?
                          dows someone know a cheap and easy way to share my 5bay hdd within the network?
                          i dont want to use my computer for that ^^
                          i want to connect the 5bay-hdd directly to my network without extra tons of hardware or a computer that has to run 24/7
                          maybe someone has already such a system ^^
                          thx
                          Raspberry Pi Torrent, Samba and DLNA With 3+ Hard Drives: There are many Raspberry Pi guides out there that helps you to transform your Pi into a server supporting downloading torrents and sharing files via Samba and DLNA. However, they all have a major flaw: supporting only ONE hard drive. In this instruc…

Since we are in the business of messing with arm based computers. just saying.

Does your router have a USB port on it?

if it does then you can connect it directly to the router.

Comment

damn ig ot an idea !!! oO
                            you have to tell me if it would work ^^
                            -------->>

i want to connect my 5bay hdd
                            this one-->>

with my usbcable and this adapter:

-->> http://www.amazon.de/TeckNet%C2%AE-E...to+usb+adapter

DIRECTLY to the lanport on the minix.
                            lanport is 100 mb/s so it should stream fine.
                            then i also want to use wifi for internet ;D
                            would the minix recognize the 5bay-hdd as a networkhdd ???
                            what do u think?

Comment

damn ig ot an idea !!! oO
                              you have to tell me if it would work ^^
                              -------->>

i want to connect my 5bay hdd
                              this one-->>

with my usbcable and this adapter:

-->> http://www.amazon.de/TeckNet%C2%AE-E...to+usb+adapter

DIRECTLY to the lanport on the minix.
                              lanport is 100 mb/s so it should stream fine.
                              then i also want to use wifi for internet ;D
                              would the minix recognize the 5bay-hdd as a networkhdd ???
                              what do u think?
                              Im not smart enough... I don't believe so. As far as I know these are only designed to use ethernet on a computer without and ethernet connection. I don't think this will work to put the hard drives on network without some sort of firmware/software/controller. this is just a hardware adapter = not smart enough to make the files on the drives visible on the network by itself.

Unfortunately these hobbies of ours are never easy AND cheap. they are either one OR the other. you pay for easy and cheap make you work to get it working.

Comment

Working...
                              X