Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo x5 questions (before buy)

Hi
    I bought "clone" of minix (quad core x5II from beelink) but I decided that it will go to my bedroom as an extra android tv player ( no support, no custom roms, etc).

Right now I am thinking to buy used neo x5, but I have couple questions. Most important for me is to have xbmc in my living room (player that I have right now crashes all the time). So:
    - does it support and displays real 1080p in xbmc (not like in beelink- max 720p in xbmc video output)?
    - is there no problem with buffering, etc ( right now I use external sd card+ Xunity's '0' cache)
    - is there no problem with live tv ( I use iptv simple client but it crashes and freezes many times)
    - is OC is possible on neo x5 and is it stable?
    - and does it worth to buy dual core cpu player for things like that?

Thanks in advance for all info

Ok first off if you can get for cheap-40-50 then worth the buy new rk902 is about 100 and 3 times as fast.
    he x5 and x5 mini i have both run beyond xbmc and no issues with sports devil and any screen lag all those gone running Kasty rom 1080p, ANTUTU Scores of just over 13000 The minix box is stable but so are few others ones i know for sure are x7 minix, Ricomagic rk902, and a few others, i have x7 and the rk902 mini and standard x5, all those play no problem. The cloudnetgo box stable but has T chip and not worth the 120 in my mind. minix x7 at 140.00 and rk902 at 100.00 so better bang for buck.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Do You mean Rikomagic MK902?

Comment

Yes
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Don't buy such an old piece.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerbarber View Post
            Don't buy such an old piece.
            +1

Go to 3188 or wait octa core device.

Comment

Ok. I think I will try to get x7 or some other model

Comment

ps. does neo x7 or CS918 have (real) 1080p video output/ or it is like others that xbmc plays 1080p, but output resolution is 720p?
                Last edited by ruffpl; 03-24-2014, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ruffpl View Post
                  ps. does neo x7 or CS918 have (real) 1080p video output/ or it is like others that xbmc plays 1080p, but output resolution is 720p?
                  Refer to this post:

You can then understand how video output works based on ROM Kernel (720p vs 1080p) and its performance!
                  Plasma: Panasonic TX-55ST60E
                  HTPC: LC-Power 1320mi :: Sapphire PURE WHITE Fusion E350 :: 4GB DDR3 :: SSD Corsair Nova 2 [SO] :: 4TB [Storage] || Android PC: Minix X5