Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Browser for Flash and Silverlight Streaming Websites by Neo X7

Greetings everyone,

I've been setting up and personalizing my Neo X7 and am finding the device to be pretty good overall. One thing that's been a is to get a steady performance / compatibility from a browser for sites that stream videos in flash and or MS Silverlight (I know it's rare these days). It looks like Maxthon does okay with embedded flash videos although, but I'd like to hear from your experience. Thanks!

There's Flashfox, Puffin (a cloud browser), Firefox and Dolphin got addons for Flash support.
    Skyfire is said to be Flash AND silverlight compliant but silverlight is pretty dead right now so I'm not sure it's possible anymore.

Comment

xScope Pro

Comment

Guys, tried Flashfox, Puffin, Firefox and Dolphin and they still didn't work. I know it's got something to do with how the site is layering the video streams behind some sort "hops" (it's a paid membership site and I have a sub) but all these browsers end up hanging with an error of file not found. Haven't tried xScope yet tho. As far as Silverlight goes I think I'm SOL because I don't think there is any Android support for that MS proprietary format.

Comment

I can confirm that pure flash is working on the X7 when implemented, for apps and for flash videos.
          Silverlight is not updated since a year or so, unfortunately I think it will never happen on Android.
          I know there's an open source Linux port discontinued attempt of it called Moonlight and a Firefox addon.
          But I'm not sure it will work with your player.
          A XDA thread that sum it all

Comment

Great input guys, I have to say none the browser apps worked for me on these services. I suppose the RDP option will work, it just seems to defeat the purpose of Android. The RDP serivce costs $20 for the entry package with Windows 7, 1GB ram.

Comment

By RDP you're talking about browser's remote desktop like : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...enigjmpp?hl=en ?

I'm reading here that Skyfire (opera cloud based browser) got Silverlight supported (and flash), worst a try.

Comment

Yeah, that plugin would work, but you need a computer to connect to. There are some "cloud desktops" services. Like hazeware.com

Comment

Working...
                X