Please help, I'm locked out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, I'm locked out

I have a MK809IV Android 4.4 KitKat Mini PC TV Stick Quad Core RK3188 BT 8gb
    from http://dealsprime.com/mk809iv-kitkat-android-4-4-2.html

It worked fine for 1 day, except for a few lock-ups.
    Since this device came with no documentation, I just disconnected the mini USB power plug to reboot, which turned out fine. I had to do this 3 times and that worked out ok.

The 4th time was a bummer.

It seemed to reboot, showed the 4 penguins in the upper left, then "R-Box" in the center of my TV screen but then "Type password to decrypt storage"
    "Type your password_____________________"

I have contacted the company's tech support and received an email back as follows:

Hello,

There should be a pinhole reset button on the side of the device that can reboot the unit.
    Please press it with a pin or needle.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

I had already tried that at least a dozen times with no success.
    Researching on the web suggested trying it with the sd card removed.
    Tried that too at least a dozen times with no success.

Then I came across this forum and I hope you guys(and ladies) can help.

Is my device bricked?
    Is there a way to to connect it to my Win7 computer to reload rom?
    I have no data on this mini tv stick that I need to save.
    Should this device turn out to be bricked, what would you recommend to replace it?

The device has micro USB port as most cell phones do, for DC in power.
    It has 2 full size USB host ports and an HDMI out port.
    It also has an IR port, used for remote mouse/keyport on 2.4 MHZ
    Last edited by wolfe; 03-29-2014, 17:14.

Originally posted by wolfe View Post
    from http://dealsprime.com/mk809iv-kitkat-android-4-4-2.html

Since this device came with no documentation, I just disconnected the mini USB power plug to reboot, which turned out fine. I had to do this 3 times and that worked out ok.

It seemed to reboot, showed the 4 penguins in the upper left, then "R-Box" in the center of my TV screen but then "Type password to decrypt storage"

I have contacted the company's tech support and received an email back as follows:

Hello,

There should be a pinhole reset button on the side of the device that can reboot the unit.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks!

I had already tried that at least a dozen times with no success.

Is my device bricked?
    Should this device turn out to be bricked, what would you recommend to replace it?

Yes, you need to find drivers and flashing tool for your device. Just search here for your device name and you will find everything you need or if you can wait till tonight I can find what you need and upload it for you.
    Your pic will not know that the device is connected till you install drivers. I will say it is almost hard to brick one of these. I flash all kinds of roms to them never had a problem I couldn't get out of.
    You need to know what modem chip you have as well, if you flash a rom with wrong chip wifi and bluetooth won't work this is ok just flash again with other one.

Key words (rockchip flash tool)
    (Kitkat for MK809IV)
    (Rockchip drivers rk3188)

Driver tool found here:
    When you need to root or upgrade Rockchip RK3066 or RK3188 devices, you'll usually have to connect your device to your computer via USB, and in Windows,

Flash tool: https://mega.co.nz/#!n9AFmK6Z!kwvmL6...fF-WtFW4igBNsk
    Last edited by otisrhw; 03-29-2014, 19:10.

Comment

Thank you I'll gladly wait

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
      Yes, you need to find drivers and flashing tool for your device. Just search here for your device name and you will find everything you need or if you can wait till tonight I can find what you need and upload it for you.
      Your pic will not know that the device is connected till you install drivers. I will say it is almost hard to brick one of these. I flash all kinds of roms to them never had a problem I couldn't get out of.
      You need to know what modem chip you have as well, if you flash a rom with wrong chip wifi and bluetooth won't work this is ok just flash again with other one.

(Kitkat for MK809IV)
      Please be aware that I have no idea on how to connect it to my PC to install anything.

Do I need to get certain type of cables?

Comment

(Kitkat for MK809IV)

Driver tool found here:
        When you need to root or upgrade Rockchip RK3066 or RK3188 devices, you'll usually have to connect your device to your computer via USB, and in Windows,

Flash tool: https://mega.co.nz/#!n9AFmK6Z!kwvmL6...fF-WtFW4igBNsk
        Please be aware that I have no idea on how to connect it to my PC to install anything.

Do I need to get certain type of cables?
        I would use this rom myself much more stable, and wait for kitkat rom to get better.
        You just need the cable that came with it.
        Here is a instruction and they have links to everything you need this method uses another flash tool but it will work to flash. Follow instructions and don't unplug during flash! If you flash this and wifi and bluetooth work your good

ok... I will now try to make a tutorial for you written a bit better but it will not have any nice pictures or anything like that because I am doing it from memory so it is also not going to be 100% accurate but oh well - here goes

one important thing to mention is that you must go to settings/usb on the device and tic on "connect to pc" before connecting

here are the mirror links to the firmware viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4610&p=13439#p13427

download the tool and driver from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/umxi2 ... r+v+1.7.7z I have converted it to English
        it is 7zipped so you will need to extract the downloaded file and it will contain 2 folders = 1 "tool" and 1 "driver"

first thing to do is to connect your device to your computer and let it try to install the drivers but it should and will most likely fail - this is normal

leave the device connected and then if you have a win7 pc go to start/control panel/system/system device manager and note any yellow ! and click on them and select "update driver" - then you need to select "browse my computer for driver software" then navigate to the location that you saved the extracted driver folder to and select it... this should fix the driver issue and this will allow for the tool to recognize your device

once you have the driver issue sorted then go to the "tool" folder and select the "rkbatch tool application" and grant it permission to make changes to your computer then in the top window called "FW Path" on the right side of it you see "..." - click it and navigate to where you saved the new firmware update and select the firmware - then you should see the location of the firmware in that top window

next - click "upgrade" and it should begin the flashing process... you should see progress of flashing in the large middle window of the tool and when it completes it should say finished... simply unplug from your computer and connect to tv and power on and enjoy the update

again only some of this info is 100% accurate and use it with caution but this is same process for other rockchip devices and until I upgrade my own device I can not guarantee this process for the mk802IV

my operating system is 64bit win7 pc and the hardest part of the whole process in the past for me was getting the drivers to properly initialize/install....hopefully this tutorial is simple enough for those that are brand new to android and if I think of anything else to simplify the process I will surely try to edit and include3 it here for all

Comment

I would use this rom myself much more stable, and wait for kitkat rom to get better.
          You just need the cable that came with it.
          Here is a instruction and they have links to everything you need this method uses another flash tool but it will work to flash. Follow instructions and don't unplug during flash! If you flash this and wifi and bluetooth work your good

ok... I will now try to make a tutorial for you written a bit better but it will not have any nice pictures or anything like that because I am doing it from memory so it is also not going to be 100% accurate but oh well - here goes

one important thing to mention is that you must go to settings/usb on the device and tic on "connect to pc" before connecting

here are the mirror links to the firmware viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4610&p=13439#p13427

download the tool and driver from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/umxi2 ... r+v+1.7.7z I have converted it to English
          it is 7zipped so you will need to extract the downloaded file and it will contain 2 folders = 1 "tool" and 1 "driver"
          The link in BOLD above is:
          Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.
          Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

What should the filename be, and where else can I get it?

I got as far as getting the the yellow mark out in device manager then running the
          RKBatchTool.exe, but then got scared about picking the wrong file to insert.

"navigate to where you saved the new firmware update and select the firmware - then you should see the location of the firmware in that top window."

I don't think I have that file because of the error I got from
          http://www.mediafire.com/download/umxi2 ... r+v+1.7.7z I have converted it to English
          Last edited by wolfe; 03-29-2014, 22:33.

Comment

The link in BOLD above is:
            Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.
            Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

What should the filename be, and where else can I get it?

I got as far as getting the the yellow mark out in device manager then running the
            RKBatchTool.exe, but then got scared about picking the wrong file to insert.

"navigate to where you saved the new firmware update and select the firmware - then you should see the location of the firmware in that top window."

I don't think I have that file because of the error I got from
            http://www.mediafire.com/download/umxi2 ... r+v+1.7.7z I have converted it to English

Ok so im uploading files for you sorry i wasn't at my PC last time so i went all over web but these are my links. I put instructions inside. Very EASY. You said you got the yellow dot last time n got scared so sounds like you have drivers installed correctly, if not let me know. the driver tool from my first post should work. In the files I'm uploading is kitkat should be your stock let me knows hows it goes! last file at 50% be back with link in a min.
            Also the last try to think of the apps you installed because something put you in this bootloop most likely something you installed.

Comment

Ok so im uploading files for you sorry i wasn't at my PC last time so i went all over web but these are my links. I put instructions inside. Very EASY. You said you got the yellow dot last time n got scared so sounds like you have drivers installed correctly, if not let me know. the driver tool from my first post should work. In the files I'm uploading is kitkat should be your stock let me knows hows it goes! last file at 50% be back with link in a min.
              Also the last try to think of the apps you installed because something put you in this bootloop most likely something you installed.
              Will you post a new download link?
              And could you please mention the filename I am supposed to navigate to when I am in RKBatchTool?

Comment

Will you post a new download link?
                And could you please mention the filename I am supposed to navigate to when I am in RKBatchTool?
                link is coming and yes I did note the file and how to do it

after flash might take a little longer to boot the first time and check wifi and bluetooth cause only way to know what modem chip you have is to crack it open or flash this if it works you have AP6210

Did you figure out how to get it in flash mode

im gonna compress it and upload this is too slow

slow upload and i get 100mgb down 20 up
                Last edited by otisrhw; 03-30-2014, 04:25.

Comment

Update failed and returned the following sentence:

"This operation didn't do because of not supporting"

I tried using image file: RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img

Comment

Update failed and returned the following sentence:

"This operation didn't do because of not supporting"

I tried using image file: RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img
                    Try this one with this batch tool everything you need in here. i compressed the update.img so now extract update.rar it and it will be update.img

Comment

I have same problem too, need password but I have no idea what pass. My computer didnt see stick in flashing mode and I cant to flash it with new rom. How did you resolve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypnot View Post
                        I have same problem too, need password but I have no idea what pass. My computer didnt see stick in flashing mode and I cant to flash it with new rom. How did you resolve your problem?

returned it for a refund

Comment

from
                          http://dealsprime.com/mk809iv-kitkat-android-4-4-2.html

Hello,

Hope this helps.
                          Thanks!

I had already tried that at least a dozen
                          solar panels with no success.

Is my device bricked?

Well well I have been facing similar problem and solution seems to be far away.. i am really glad to find the post and now I hope you will be able to help me out..What is the right way to deal with it? Please reply
                          Last edited by CarsonMagy; 08-30-2014, 06:55.

Comment

Working...
                          X