Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon enters the game!!! Amazon Fire TV now on sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dismantler View Post
    This thing rocks, it plays everything I throw at it over wired network including 10+ gig 1080p mkv files with audio pasthrough.

Best XBMC version to use with it right now, for me so far, is the Ouya xbmc.

Gotham doesn't have pass-through for some reason, however even in software mode this box will decode 1080p mkvs. It's beast. I hope they don't lock it up, because this is the droid I was looking for.
    Good to hear. I hope they hurry up and offer this box on Amazon Canada!

Comment

This thing rocks, it plays everything I throw at it over wired network including 10+ gig 1080p mkv files with audio pasthrough.

Best XBMC version to use with it right now, for me so far, is the Ouya xbmc.

Gotham doesn't have pass-through for some reason, however even in software mode this box will decode 1080p mkvs. It's beast. I hope they don't lock it up, because this is the droid I was looking for.
      any chance trying out a PS3/PS4 controller? were u able to install a custom launcher above it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
        any chance trying out a PS3/PS4 controller? were u able to install a custom launcher above it?
        I'd be glad to, but I don't have one. The forums over at XBMC and XDA have some good breakdowns already.

Controllers
        Xbox 360 Wired - Reported
        Xbox 360 Wireless with Dongle - Reported
        PS3 Wired
        PS4 Wired
        Ouya Controller - I have tested
        Madcatz Mojo (with dongle) - I have tested
        Moga Controller - Reported

A person from that thread was also able install Apex launcher.

Comment

All sounds good. And just when I give up.
          1.8Ghz Celeron 1037u based OpenELEC HTPC - Sadly PWNS all Androids everywhere

"In a world that exists without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Comment

I'd be glad to, but I don't have one. The forums over at XBMC and XDA have some good breakdowns already.

Controllers
            Xbox 360 Wired - Reported
            Xbox 360 Wireless with Dongle - Reported
            PS3 Wired
            PS4 Wired
            Ouya Controller - I have tested
            Madcatz Mojo (with dongle) - I have tested
            Moga Controller - Reported

A person from that thread was also able install Apex launcher.
            Now that's news. I'll wait a bit and see how the community develops on this one, if there is an Official CM, then im sold big time.

Comment

Fire TV Experience and How to Sideload Apps from Your Android Phone or Tablet

I've been playing with my Fire TV and love it! This box is fast, all native apps work great and the X-ray feature that gathers information from IMDB beats the info provided by my Roku 3. Another thing I noticed is that Voice search now brings results from Hulu and they announced they are working with Netflix so soon results from them will show up too.

I'm using XBMC for Ouya and it works fines, although not all ads-ons are supported like ProjectFreeTV. Browsing on the official XBMC wiki they are working fast to include the use of hardware acceleration and codecs natively on their build for Fire TV so soon there will not be a need for the Ouya version. I was planning on buying an S802 box but no need with this baby and their 4 snappy dragons

I learned from Shogun on another forum a simple way to use adb to install Apps and files to the Fire TV without having to use a PC or Mac, you just need an Android phone or tablet.

1. Download any terminal program from the Play store (e.g. JS Terminal). Also download the desire XBMC build (.apk) to your Android Phone or Tablet download folder.

2. On the Fire TV go to Settings > About > Network and write down the IP address.

3. On the Fire TV go to Settings > System > Developmer and turn developer mode On.

4. On your phone terminal application write: adb connect Your-FireTV-IP-address:5555 (e.g. 10.10.10.3:5555)

5. Then: adb install path-to-file (e.g. /storage/sdcard0/Download/Xbmc_for_Ouya_12.3.1.apk

6. It could take up to 4 minutes for the push via WiFi. Once it is done you will see a success message on the phone's terminal.

7.Go to your FireTV Settings > Apps and browse for XBMC for Ouya and open it. Do your other stuff like enabling Fusion or SuperRepo repository and install your favorite add-ons!

Thanks to Shogun for the original post: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/thread...Phone-Or-Table

Comment

Can you please install Hola on Fire TV and check if the app works? Basically I want to know if you can use Hola on Fire TV to change the Netflix regions.

Hola playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hola
                ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

So now that we have root and clockworkmod for the fire tv any hopes of a custom rom by finless?

Comment

Working...
                  X