Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats involved in making a custom TV box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats involved in making a custom TV box?

Just curious, I am interested to know what is involved in making a TV box with a SoC like the 3188? We see loads of new TV boxes coming out of China every month, does this suggest that it is relatively simple to take the SoC and design and produce your own full board with Android on it?
    In my simple mind, it sounds mind-blowingly complicated, is this the case? If not, why do we not see more community-developed android boxes?

Raspberry Pi / Arduino

Originally posted by iamzug View Post
    Just curious, I am interested to know what is involved in making a TV box with a SoC like the 3188?
    I think you can build something like it at home with the Raspberry Pi and maybe the Arduino.

The companies building these benefit from the size of their operations, so they can build them cheaply, while buying and building your own Pi or Arduino may cost over 60 GBP.
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

[Updated Jul 31] -- Intel and CircuitCo revealed a smaller, faster, second-gen MinnowBoard SBC featuring an Atom E3800 SoC, revised I/O, and both Android 4.4 and Linux support. Intel announced its open source MinnowBoard in April 2013 and shipped it for $199 in July. Built by CircuitCo and backed by Intel's Minnowboard.org community, the Linux-ready single board computer is now available

Just saw this in the news. Looks interesting.
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X