Fire TV from amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire TV from amazon

Has anyone tried out fire tv box from amazon? Is it good? Seem value for money at usd 99.

there is a thread somewhere in this forum about this topic...

Comment

Was able to test the Amazon FireTV today. User interface is quite easy to navigate around.

After sideloading XBMC Gotham Beta on it and play a 1080 stream on it, I would said it's not bad but definetely has room for improvement. I streamed Lord of the Rings in HD with 5.1, didn't get any drop frames throughout the movie, but the video quality is not smooth. The quality is decent and I'm sure it's going to get better once devs start hacking at it.

For the price you can't go wrong and you'll have another cool device to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by mxcoinc View Post
        Was able to test the Amazon FireTV today. User interface is quite easy to navigate around.

After sideloading XBMC Gotham Beta on it and play a 1080 stream on it, I would said it's not bad but definetely has room for improvement. I streamed Lord of the Rings in HD with 5.1, didn't get any drop frames throughout the movie, but the video quality is not smooth. The quality is decent and I'm sure it's going to get better once devs start hacking at it.

For the price you can't go wrong and you'll have another cool device to play with.
        Nice...I have it 2 mount ago......Setting up the Fire TV is a breeze: once I plugged it in and put in my Wi-Fi password, it launched into a video tutorial demonstrating its many features

Comment

Working...
        X