Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So How about the New Fire TV? will it be covered some where in Freaktab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So How about the New Fire TV? will it be covered some where in Freaktab?

its too new to tell but,, i hope that is not a locked bootloader and there is some way to gain root in a one click fashion... im not sure if there is.. but i was just wondering if any of the rom gurus are attacking this little box and gaining user access.. i really like it so far but... i would rather see cymod on it then amazons skin droid jelly-mohito or what ever... i think it has enough horse power and good things under the hood to be quite a nice mini HTPC,, but.. dunno yet.. just wondering if its of interest to the cats on Freaktab..

Originally posted by scuzzo View Post
    its too new to tell but,, i hope that is not a locked bootloader and there is some way to gain root in a one click fashion... im not sure if there is.. but i was just wondering if any of the rom gurus are attacking this little box and gaining user access.. i really like it so far but... i would rather see cymod on it then amazons skin droid jelly-mohito or what ever... i think it has enough horse power and good things under the hood to be quite a nice mini HTPC,, but.. dunno yet.. just wondering if its of interest to the cats on Freaktab..
    Its been rooted already -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...ml#post2518096

Itll only be a matter of time before this thing is completely crapping all over the chinese android TV sticks

Comment

have mine rooted, added xbmc gotham and google play store. best playback I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
        Its been rooted already -- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...ml#post2518096

Itll only be a matter of time before this thing is completely crapping all over the chinese android TV sticks
        yeh but the thing is i bet its made in china

Comment

Does the Amazon VOD still work after root?

Comment

Originally posted by mordbane View Post
            Does the Amazon VOD still work after root?
            yes

Comment

I have mine rooted and all though I like it very much and it gives me different things to play with. My Minix x8h plays Xbmc just as good.

Comment

6 Months with the Fire TV, Two Thumbs UP!

After 6 months of owning several Android boxes and a Roku 3, I can now say without any doubt that for the last 6 months the Fire TV has rocked! I decided to buy another one (now have 2 of them) and keep the Roku 3. No firmware bugs, or other problems like Chinese boxes or having to put a ROM.

You don't even need to root the Fire TV to used it as an HTPC. You can sideload XBMC which works flawlessly including HW decoding and Dolby/DTS sound. Install Plex and Allcast natively, and ES File Explorer to manage must stuff and access shares directly.

Of course if you root the box then you can put Google Play Store, etc.

The only reason I'm not replacing my Roku 3 in my bedroom is because of the cool earphones on the remote. Haven't found an well reviewed air mouse with reliable sound to substitute it. But if I do find one I will replace it with another Fire TV.

Comment

The only reason I'm not replacing my Roku 3 in my bedroom is because of the cool earphones on the remote. Haven't found an well reviewed air mouse with reliable sound to substitute it. But if I do find one I will replace it with another Fire TV.[/QUOTE]

how about the mele f10 pro remote

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post
                    The only reason I'm not replacing my Roku 3 in my bedroom is because of the cool earphones on the remote. Haven't found an well reviewed air mouse with reliable sound to substitute it. But if I do find one I will replace it with another Fire TV.
                    how about the mele f10 pro remote[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recommendation. I checked reviews for the Minix A2, RC 13 and Mele F10 but in all of them people said they had problems with the remotes to not pass the audio to the TV and just the remote speaker or earphones. Supposedly is because of the remote input been USB and that most HTPC can't pass or even let the audio to the USB port been selected.

Have you had any experience with the F10 using it for just earphone sound like I do with the Roku remote?

Comment

Originally posted by soshowme View Post
                      how about the mele f10 pro remote
                      Thanks for the recommendation. I checked reviews for the Minix A2, RC 13 and Mele F10 but in all of them people said they had problems with the remotes to not pass the audio to the TV and just the remote speaker or earphones. Supposedly is because of the remote input been USB and that most HTPC can't pass or even let the audio to the USB port been selected.

Have you had any experience with the F10 using it for just earphone sound like I do with the Roku remote?[/QUOTE]

earphone works well on the f10, only issue is when I first plug in the receiver sound output defaults to earphone and you have to manually change it to whatever output you are using. Also the curser is one big circle on the fire tv.
                      BestBuy has he fire tv on sale today for $84.99

Comment

Originally posted by bloatman View Post

Have you had any experience with the F10 using it for just earphone sound like I do with the Roku remote?
                        earphone works well on the f10, only issue is when I first plug in the receiver sound output defaults to earphone and you have to manually change it to whatever output you are using. Also the curser is one big circle on the fire tv.
                        BestBuy has he fire tv on sale today for $84.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Yes must agree with the Amazon Fire TV does Rock and it just works.
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by soshowme View Post
                            BestBuy has he fire tv on sale today for $84.99
                            Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Bought 2 - happy days

Comment

Amazon Fire TV soon in UK and Germany

For those in UK and Germany...Amazon Fire TV available...or soon

Yesterday I speculated on an international Amazon Fire TV release, and now it has arrived. The Amazon Fire TV is now available for pre-order in the UK and G

Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X