Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best (most stable) RK3188 device?

Hello,

Right now, I have MK908ii and it is really bad and unstable (not power supply problem or cooling).
    When I was reading trough the forum, I found out the device has a bad NAND.

So what device would be the most stable (apps not crushing and device not restarting) in your opinion?
    And, price should be up to 60$.

Regards.

Originally posted by Boocy View Post
    And, price should be up to 60$.
    That right there is going to restrict you to the cheapy units similar to the one you already have ... and with those it's a gamble whether you get a good one or not.

IMO... you should look at the Minix Neo x7 or x7 mini which have a lot of ROM's to choose from or perhaps the Ogoos UT2 but doesn't have many ROM's yet...

Many of the others now only have the RK3188-T chip and there are a ton of complaints on them

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
      That right there is going to restrict you to the cheapy units similar to the one you already have ... and with those it's a gamble whether you get a good one or not.

IMO... you should look at the Minix Neo x7 or x7 mini which have a lot of ROM's to choose from or perhaps the Ogoos UT2 but doesn't have many ROM's yet...

Many of the others now only have the RK3188-T chip and there are a ton of complaints on them
      Thank you on your answer, but I am asking if someone can't afford more expensive device then these 60$ units, which one would be the least painful quad core solution?

I got my self MK908ii because the geekbuying.com putted that one as suggested android stick.
      Turns out suggestion is made because nobody wants to buy one of these evil devices so obviously they need to get rid of them.. hah

Comment

Well...

There is an old joke that applies here... but it is still based on truth...

You can get a cheap one or you can get a good one... but you can't get a good cheap one.

I'd bought 3 different one's before I re-learned that... and then I got the Minix Neo x7 and can't be happier... but it does cost more than what you mentioned. My own justification.... It ended up only costing about what two months of cable tv bill's would have been which I had turned off.

Comment

I would never recommanded it few weeks ago, but now with new firmware I can recommand you Tronsmart T428, with near same hardware of minix x7 ( some firmware are compatible) the price is much near your request. There is also a real reset button on it that help for flashing.
          T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
            I would never recommanded it few weeks ago, but now with new firmware I can recommand you Tronsmart T428, with near same hardware of minix x7 ( some firmware are compatible) the price is much near your request. There is also a real reset button on it that help for flashing.
            Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will look into it.
            Are you using some extra cooling or power supply for your T428? And , after that last software upgrade are the apps crushing at all and is the TV stick restarting?

Regards.

Comment

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will look into it.
              Are you using some extra cooling or power supply for your T428? And , after that last software upgrade are the apps crushing at all and is the TV stick restarting?

Regards.
              Since I use guru hardware for minix I never had a restart and now I have passtrouth for sound and it work great in XBMC.

Note: I use a 5v 3a power supply
              Last edited by Sarco; 04-06-2014, 16:25. Reason: Power supply

Comment

Where to buy..?

Since I use guru hardware for minix I never had a restart and now I have passtrouth for sound and it work great in XBMC.

Someone Know where could find the t428 and of course a shop that we can trust...?

Geekbuying is out of stock

Comment

Sir, do you maybe know if T428 has true RK3188 or not?
                  Because on geekbuying.com in description it says that it really does have a true RK3188 and not weak version: RK3188T. Also, I can see that this stick does not have aditional antena for wi-fi, so is the signal reception any good?

And yeah, where did you get your T428 from?

Regards.

Comment

Sir, do you maybe know if T428 has true RK3188 or not?
                    Because on geekbuying.com in description it says that it really does have a true RK3188 and not weak version: RK3188T. Also, I can see that this stick does not have aditional antena for wi-fi, so is the signal reception any good?

And yeah, where did you get your T428 from?

Regards.
                    My T428 have a rk3188 not the t model, and I don't think Tronsmart made change on hardware for T428. I do not have problem with wifi, I actualy use 1750ac router and use 5ghz since if you use 2.4ghz air mouse, bluetooth and wifi some report problem. I had problem at first since I didn't use a usb hub for the mouse receiver and my bluetooth gamepad was laggy. Since I use 5ghz wifi and usb hub for mouse everything run smooth. Don't get wrong about wifi you can only get 65mbps even with ac but you have choice for 5ghz, some N router have 5ghz (dual band)

Comment

My T428 have a rk3188 not the t model, and I don't think Tronsmart made change on hardware for T428. I do not have problem with wifi, I actualy use 1750ac router and use 5ghz since if you use 2.4ghz air mouse, bluetooth and wifi some report problem. I had problem at first since I didn't use a usb hub for the mouse receiver and my bluetooth gamepad was laggy. Since I use 5ghz wifi and usb hub for mouse everything run smooth. Don't get wrong about wifi you can only get 65mbps even with ac but you have choice for 5ghz, some N router have 5ghz (dual band)
                      So, good news, I guess..
                      Geekbuying.com agreed to exchange my MK908ii for other device, now which one to take from their site, since T428 is out of stock?
                      I tought maybe CX-919.. but then again maybe its the same bad item just as MK908ii, I dont even have problem to pay up to 20$ more if needed, I just want a stable device..

Then I tought about this ugly thing: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/UG320...ck-321775.html
                      Seems promising. Then again, it has included camera in it, don't know if it will create conflicts with external Logitech C170?

I will appreciate suggestions very much.

Regards.

Comment

Screw the rk3188. AMLogic and Amazon came out with much better options.
                        I know they cost 100$ but I think it's worth it.
                        You already got burned once, why go at it again?

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                          Well, I am looking in exchanging my mk908ii for other device on geekbuying.com ..I dont think they have any of these AMLogic devices on their site.. So I am limited when it comes to that, also, I have looked into K-R42 and T-R42 devices, they seem nice, just wondering if they might have bad nand chip or something else that will cause unstable behavior? :/

Comment

AW: Best (most stable) RK3188 device?

Well, I am looking in exchanging my mk908ii for other device on geekbuying.com ..I dont think they have any of these AMLogic devices on their site.. So I am limited when it comes to that, also, I have looked into K-R42 and T-R42 devices, they seem nice, just wondering if they might have bad nand chip or something else that will cause unstable behavior? :/
                            Actually they have some amlogic devices. Search for amlogic s802

Comment

Originally posted by vkk View Post
                              Amazon may be carrying some Amlogic devices... but they came out with nothing... they simply resell what others make and not all of the products on Amazon are sold by them, many are from third party companies ... Minix, Geeksbuying and many others.

Comment

Working...
                              X