No announcement yet.

Pipo U2 RileyROM 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one test to try to get the buttons working.

Since you are rooted, you can use a rooted file manager like ES File Explorer or Xplore.

Make sure you have superuser permissions set in settings of the file manager app.

Download this file:

This is Provision.apk.

Go to system/app and cut and paste the Provision.apk out of the system to a folder on your sd card.

Copy and paste this version of Provision.apk to system/app and give the app read/write/execute permissions.

Reboot and see if you have the soft buttons back...and the home button works.

Let me know if this works...and I will update the ROM with the change for everybody.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Home button.

Hello....
      Icon Home/Exit doesnt work....
      Button works as Back, not as Home/Exit.

I am testing on RileyROM 1.2T. And have big problem with WiFi strenght and stability. Dont work after 5 meters.

What about inverting short axis on latest english stock firmware?

Thank you...

Ill be 3 days away now.
      Last edited by gotzinger; 08-21-2014, 18:19.

Comment

Hello,
        I am back. I want ask you, if you have time to turn short axis in stock firmware or repair home icon/button in RileyROM 1.2T?
        Thank you.
        Götzinger, CZE

Comment

Hello,
          I got from prof0021 firmware update_DS717_U2_20130303 #463 and touchscreen works good. In 3 days I will give tablet to nephew, if WiFi works.

Comment

My mistake

Originally posted by gotzinger View Post
            Hello,
            I am back. I want ask you, if you have time to turn short axis in stock firmware or repair home icon/button in RileyROM 1.2T?
            Thank you.
            Götzinger, CZE
            Sorry, my mistake, button SHOULD work as Back (not Exit/Home), its now correct. Icon doesnt work.

Comment

First of all, thank you very much rrileypm for such a great job you done!

I have U2 device that have touch problems on both firmwares:
              1) 1.2 (first link) has X axis swap.
              2) 1.2T (second link) has both (X,Y) axis swap.

I've tested both english firmwares from European-US Pipo site.
              Touchscreen fix firmware worked the same as 1.2T did for me. And only official English was ok - worked as expected.

If I were a bit more clever I wasn't spent many hours googling Google to tears trying to figure out how to disassemble firmwares and swap "parts" I need. But as always it was much easier to get it working. As soon as I realized touch glich => device driver glich => android kernel has wrong driver, it became clear that all is to do is just to change kernel.img. Oh, shi... It worked like a charm!

TODO for users with such symptoms:
              1) Get any of 1.2 or 1.2T (what you like most)
              2) Download and swap kernel.img in RileyROM subdirectory.
              3) Flash according to manual
              4) Enjoy!

You can get original kernel (from official english firmware) here:

Maybe it wold be usefull to leave couple of words in a first post.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm mobile now...but will add that link in post #1.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Post #1 has been edited to include the new kernel.

Thanks envelope!!!!!!!!
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Working...
                  X