Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova 10 G2 4gb plus 3g stick?!?!?

Hi!

I bought Arnova 10 G2 4gb tablet-pc and Archos G9 3G stick.
    The 3G stick does not work?!?!?!? Why?

On Arnova site, they advertise that "just put the sim-card in and plug the modem in the usb port"... or something like that...

The Arnova USB A port works fine with usb-keyboard and the archos 3g with my pc. SO WHY the H*LL it isn´t working on the tablet?!?!?

I´ve read from MANY forums that the archos stick works perfectly with Arnova 10 G2...

And sorry for my bad grammar and for being so angry...

It's very strange. The usb stick is ok or is boken? Please test it on another device/pc.
    If the stick runs correctly look at this sequence:
    1. Put the usb stick in the USB port and wait 10 seconds.
    2. Arnova Unmout Usb Mass Storage (a circle on a status bar).
    3. Go to setup and select "Wireless& Networks"
    4. Go to "Mobile Networks"
    5. Go to Access Point Names
    6. Wait - After few seconds a list appear.
    7. Select your APN
    8. Back Home.
    After few seconds "3G" icon appear.
    This is only for the first time. In the next times all is automatic (the setup remain) and 3g appears after point 2.
    Try with this sequence or say to me at what point you have problem.
    Bye.
    Jean-Luke

Comment

Thank you cygnus for your reply.

The 3g stick works perfectly on my pc and the Arnova USB port with a usb keyboard.

So this is a stupid question (which it really IS NOT) DO I HAVE TO PUT THE 3G STICK IN THE MICROUSB?!?!? That doesn´t make any sense to me... But I´ve read that on Arnova 10B G2 you have to use
      the microusb slot for 3g with some usb A - usb microB host cable, that I cannot find from Finland... BUT on the Arnova site
      it is said that "all you need is to slip a data sim card into the stick, plug it in".

So the 3G stick isn´t flashing any lights, so no power? but why? Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by crowelian View Post
        Thank you cygnus for your reply.

The 3g stick works perfectly on my pc and the Arnova USB port with a usb keyboard.

So this is a stupid question (which it really IS NOT) DO I HAVE TO PUT THE 3G STICK IN THE MICROUSB?!?!? That doesn´t make any sense to me... But I´ve read that on Arnova 10B G2 you have to use
        the microusb slot for 3g with some usb A - usb microB host cable, that I cannot find from Finland... BUT on the Arnova site
        it is said that "all you need is to slip a data sim card into the stick, plug it in".

So the 3G stick isn´t flashing any lights, so no power? but why? Has anyone else had this problem?
        Is this with the stock rom or one of Bob's?
        I can't remember if I tried my Archos 3g stick with the stock rom (and don't really want to flash that back again!). The only rom of Bob's I know it works on is 1.5D.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
          Is this with the stock rom or one of Bob's?
          I can't remember if I tried my Archos 3g stick with the stock rom (and don't really want to flash that back again!). The only rom of Bob's I know it works on is 1.5D.

Cheers
          Stock rom...

Comment

Which stock ROM? If it is the 10G2 "philly" edition then this kernel is known to not support any 3G sticks!
            Only the orginal 10 G2 "non-philly" ROM works with 3G sticks.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Which stock ROM? If it is the 10G2 "philly" edition then this kernel is known to not support any 3G sticks!
              Only the orginal 10 G2 "non-philly" ROM works with 3G sticks.

Bob
              I have the original "non-philly" Firmware. So the 3G stick should work... But nothing happens...
              So maybe could it be a hardware problem? I'm not that familiar with the technical side of the usb port, so could it be damaged in a way, that the usb-keyboard works, but 3G stick would not???

And I just wanted to be thorough so I "installed" the update.img from the Arnova site, didn't help (well what would you expect when you install the same rom you already had).

So I'm thinking, if I install 1.5D ROM by Bob (which I'm going to do in some point), it won't help me with the 3G stick problem...

thanks for all for your help.

Comment

Ok, now I feel stupid, but the USB A port doesn't seem to work anymore... so that's the problem... The USB keyboard won't work anymore... so...

Now I just can be amazed how the usb port got broken by itself... ?!?!?...

well got to send it back to the shop where I bought it... damn...

Comment

Don't you just love technology!

Comment

I'm not gonna ship the tablet to the shop yet... so NOW I have Finless 1.5D ROM installed... so how to get the tablet to connect to a AD HOC... I´ve created an ad hoc on my laptop (win XP) I found it, but when connecting it just says obtaining IP... so is this the wrong ROM (1.5D) Should I have the 1.5C?!?

Or is is possible to get internet connection trough the ARNOVA USB to PC cable?

I know this might be off topic, but I want to get an internet connection somehow...

Comment

Working...
                    X