Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there ROOT/custom ROM for Trekstor Surftab Xiron 10.1 ( Build Number "ST10416-1") ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there ROOT/custom ROM for Trekstor Surftab Xiron 10.1 ( Build Number "ST10416-1") ?

I have surftab Xiron 10.1 (Build Number "ST10416-1")

and few days ago Trekstor had published new firmware with which now i am able to use all of my 16 GB of internal storage for installing programs, games, etc.

now my Build Number is "ST10416-1C"

Trekstor also has Kernel Source Code for Xiron 10.1

Now, as lots of people in Germany have Volks Tablet, and they rooted it, i wonder if someone has done the same for Xiron 10.1 ?

And also, all of you who have Xiron 10.1; do you have any problems with Wi-fi not working as it should - bad signal, wifi randomly stopping for no reason, big draining of power when on wi-fi (for me that is 6-7 % of battery draining in just 10 minutes - and thats a lot because tablet has 8000 maH battery )

Thank you in advance for your answer

Best regards , from Croatia :=)

Adrijan

I don't have time today...but I will make a ROM from this firmware this week. Stay tuned.

Please remind me if I forget.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thank you in advance , rrileypm

Comment

Hy rriley, did you had time to work with custom ROM/root for Xiron 10.1 ?

Comment

OK, I'm working on these ROM's right now.

I will do a ROM for both versions of the firmware.

Stay tuned!!!!!
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

OK, I'm not sure which firmware your tablet uses, since you have a 1C instead of a 1 or 1A.

Here is the link for the original version:

Download

Here is the link for the A version:

Download

I didn't see a specific firmware for the C version.

Test and see if either one works and let me know. I can start a new thread for this tablet.

There is a difference in the way they configure their parameter file. The change has to do with user app space. I'm not sure exactly what's going on, since I don't have one of these tablets to test on. Perhaps, the apps are installed on the internal SD space, so there is no user app space allotted. I just left the stock parameter file alone.

This ROM is:

Rooted
            Init.d Support added
            English Default
            Google Play Store fixes added
            Auto Install feature added Link to Instructions
            TWRP Recovery added (Installed after first boot)
            Debloated of everything I knew I could safely remove
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Before the update my firmeware was called ST10416-1, and after I updated tablet, firmeware was called ST10416-1C

C version is the new update that trekstor put on their site for downloading , with witch users of their xiron 10.1 tablet now can use full 16 gb of tablets internal storage for instaling android programs,games etc... Before the update I could only instal 2 GB of programs and games on tablet..now i can use all of its internal storage for that..
              I put the link of xiron 10.1 in my first post where at the end of the page, on Downloads section, is the new firmeware for xiron 10.1...

The file is 294.3 Mb
              Thats the new ST10416-1C update (firmware)

I will wait for your response....

Best regards....and thank you very much for helping me

Comment

OK, based on what you are saying, the top ROM based on the -1 (not -1A) is the one you should try.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Ok...in a few days I will try to implement your ROM in my tablet...

I dont have much experience with custom ROMs....could you please redirect me on some HOW TO tutorial...or it could be found on this site ?
                  I am what you call - a noob

Best regards

Adrijan

Comment

Go ahead and download the ROM.

In the zip file there is a pdf file called First Time User's Guide which will take you through all of the steps.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I have a question about some apps in this firmware.

What do the t-chip apps do?
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

t-chip apps ?

i dont know what kind of apps those are ...

could you be more specific ?

Comment

There is an app called TchipInit.apk and TchipWelcome.apk in this firmware. I'm not sure what they do.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

hhmmm...i presume they are android system apps or Trekstor-s apps...

I have a system app - Welcome .. maybe TchipWelcome means Trekstor welcome at the beginning of booting the device ..

and i have a system app - com.android.tchipinit - version 4.2.2-eng.tangy.20131230.093835

Tomorrow I will put new ROM in tablet , and I will let you know how that went and did everything went ok ... I just hope that I dont brick the tablet hehe

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are Trekstor apps, since I've never seen them in any other Android ROM.

I shared this ROM/Kernel sources with some other developers and I've learned that in order to put user data on the internal SD card, the mounts are very different with this ROM. I'm pretty sure that the custom TWRP recovery I included in the ROM won't work.

Hopefully that will be resolved in a few days. I will update the ROM when that's available.

I still need someone to flash this ROM to see if there are other things that need attention.

Just let me tell you that this ROM is going to need some major testing and the ability to communicate your findings, and expect some challenges to overcome...especially since this ROM is so unique. Usually, I test these things on my own, but I don't have one of these tablets.

Are you up to it? Considering that you haven't flashed one of these ROM's before?
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X