Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware help for Rockchip CS968 RK3188 Android TV Box

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I'm sorry if my question has been answered before. I couldn't find a detailed guide for this box. I need help flashing my CS968 TV box, its running 4.4 and I mostly use it for XBMC HUB Wizard Edition.

Now, I found some tutorials on here to flash the firmware but they seemed a bit complicated. This software on the box is very buggy, it lags a lot and the box is a Quad Core with 2GB ram, 8GB internal so I don't know why its slow most of the time. This XBMC I have is also slow at streaming most channels, I'm using ethernet and my internet speed is fast on other devices.

How do I go about flashing the firmware to a more stable one with a fast build of XBMC? I don't mind if it doesn't support 1080p, 720p is fine. I have no idea how to root the box either, sorry for being a newbie :P
    This is the firmware of my TV box. http://imgur.com/WuvnwxW

Thank you

Originally posted by SSL View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and I'm sorry if my question has been answered before. I couldn't find a detailed guide for this box. I need help flashing my CS968 TV box, its running 4.4 and I mostly use it for XBMC HUB Wizard Edition.

Now, I found some tutorials on here to flash the firmware but they seemed a bit complicated. This software on the box is very buggy, it lags a lot and the box is a Quad Core with 2GB ram, 8GB internal so I don't know why its slow most of the time. This XBMC I have is also slow at streaming most channels, I'm using ethernet and my internet speed is fast on other devices.

How do I go about flashing the firmware to a more stable one with a fast build of XBMC? I don't mind if it doesn't support 1080p, 720p is fine. I have no idea how to root the box either, sorry for being a newbie :P
    This is the firmware of my TV box. http://imgur.com/WuvnwxW

Thank you
    CS968 with stock 4.4 KitKat???? Where did you get this box???

Comment

Look at the link. It is 4.22.

In the section here http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay...similar-sticks
      you will find more information about the cs968.

JD

Comment

Thanks but I'm after a guide on quick rooting + flashing firmwares and there isn't really one.

Comment

I still can't get mine to work, major errors in the FW, maybe the few fw's recently put out May work? I got tv01 to work for a few sec's (like the original FW)...but with the 2013 geass and tv01, the most one does is work a few seconds and then says UI failed, then bam, can 'to get it to do anything ever again, reflashing now, but wondering what to use?

Android 4.2.2 originally on it, 1.6 ghz, wifi, rj45, BT, Op out, 4 USB, 200 mp cam and mic
          smart tv box, mode: cs968, OS: android 4.2, power: 5v/2a, arm cortex A9, ram 2gb, rom:8gb
          concerning the board:
          AP6210 TOD5007 1321, HTC-T018-V2-20130918
          maybe I can finally get this to work?

Comment

Working...
          X