I have 4 Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 4 Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android questions

1. I have a Tronsmart Vega "Standard" S89 S802 quad core Android. On the box it had a check mark in "Standard" and not in "Elite".
    Does anyone know the difference between the two?

2. I have a home network of 2 win7 machines(ethernet), 2 android phones(wireless), one Nexus 10 tablet(wireless), 2 ip cameras(ethernet) and one Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android, which is hardwire connected via ethernet.
    One of my win7 machines contains 83 GB of jpeg images. Can anyone tell me how to access these files via my hrdwired ethernet connection?
    Win7 can have a "Home Group" configured for file sharing, but only between Win7 machines.
    I could load most of these jpegs onto 64 GB cards, and then plug those into my Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android mini tv pc, but that is a pain.

3. I have one annoyance with my Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android. When typing on my wireless logitech k400 keyboard, there is no way to get a Capital first letter unless it is selected by my air mouse using the shift to upper case first. The same is true later on in the middle of long complicated passwords.

So here is my question: Do you guys only code operating systems or do you also fix slightly annoying sub-programs?

4. I know it is a new device but, how long before I can expect a new 4.42 rom for this device?
    Last edited by wolfe; 04-15-2014, 18:17.

Originally posted by wolfe View Post
    1. I have a Tronsmart Vega "Standard" S89 S802 quad core Android. On the box it had a check mark in "Standard" and not in "Elite".
    Does anyone know the difference between the two?
    They are incredibly similar. The only difference is eMMC storage capacity and wireless chipset. The Elite has only 2.4GHz wifi and 8GB of storage. The Standard has 16GB storage and AP6330 wireless chipset for 2.4/5.0 GHz wifi.

2. I have a home network of 2 win7 machines(ethernet), 2 android phones(wireless), one Nexus 10 tablet(wireless), 2 ip cameras(ethernet) and one Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android, which is hardwire connected via ethernet.
    One of my win7 machines contains 83 GB of jpeg images. Can anyone tell me how to access these files via my hrdwired ethernet connection?
    Win7 can have a "Home Group" configured for file sharing, but only between Win7 machines.
    I could load most of these jpegs onto 64 GB cards, and then plug those into my Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android mini tv pc, but that is a pain.
    You can not use home group. You need to enable samba sharing. Here's some instructions from XBMC forums. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123

3. I have one annoyance with my Tronsmart Vega Elite S89 S802 quad core Android. When typing on my wireless logitech k400 keyboard, there is no way to get a Capital first letter unless it is selected by my air mouse using the shift to upper case first. The same is true later on in the middle of long complicated passwords.
    I have not experienced this with my k400r, perhaps it's because it's a slightly different model? To be honest I don't use it often but I'll get it out and test shift and caps lock for you.

So here is my question: Do you guys only code operating systems or do you also fix slightly annoying sub-programs?
    Sometimes, it really depends on the issue. If there is something you want modified just ask, the worst that'll happen is nobody does it.

4. I know it is a new device but, how long before I can expect a new 4.42 rom for this device?
    Any day now, Eric from Geekbuying said they are going to fix a few issues and release within the week. (so lets just call it a couple weeks 'cause well it is Hong Kong we're talking about here.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Working...
    X