Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10b G3 ROM DUMP wanted! - Success! Thanks Alley!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob when you can, will publish the firmware dump?
    I'm willing to try this kernel on my Arnova 10b g2

Comment

Downloading it now. Thanks Alley and GREAT WORK on getting the dump!

I have to be in the office today so I will look at this in the afternoon. It's a BIG ROM!! 500 megs.

Stay tuned. If the dump is OK I will release a stock ROM first for everyone.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Miklaus View Post
        Bob when you can, will publish the firmware dump?
        I'm willing to try this kernel on my Arnova 10b g2
        if you cant wait ... you can try http://www.arctablet.com/assets/firm...0bg3-40-04.zip

Sorry for spam......
        Aj can try this firmware on my 10 G2 but a think ... it no wokr perfekt because it is kasty....

But dump hi have too.....

ON my 10 G2 only logo on 1 second and black screen .....
        Last edited by valerunchiks; 06-13-2012, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by valerunchiks View Post
          if you cant wait ... you can try http://www.arctablet.com/assets/firm...0bg3-40-04.zip

Sorry for spam......
          Aj can try this firmware on my 10 G2 but a think ... it no wokr perfekt because it is kasty....

But dump hi have too.....

ON my 10 G2 only logo on 1 second and black screen .....
          In fact I think it will need a bit of work before it can be used on 10G2, or any G2 tablet I think... Maybe on 10bG2 the stock rom for 10bG3 can work, but no way for 10G2 without modifications.

I would really like to see what Bob will do with this rom, in fact

Comment

Bob is the man, he will do it, it is only the ram that is different and the wireless is n. the same as the 9g3 that bob converted to the 9g2

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
              Bob is the man, he will do it, it is only the ram that is different and the wireless is n. the same as the 9g3 that bob converted to the 9g2

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
              Dont count on that! If I cant boot it and get into logcat to troubleshoot, then that will stop me dead. Miklaus has a 10bG2 so he will see if it works for his. I have the 10G2. I will say this. The 10bG2 capacitive gingerbread ROM will boot on my 10G2 just fine. It has a few bugs but works. So in theory the ICS should boot too but we shall see.
              RAM can be adjusted in the parameter file in the init statement, so I am not worried about that. Screen and differences in hardware is what can kill you. If the kernel cannot come up enough to start logcat, then not much I can do to make it work as I waould have no clue as to whats happening.

If someone has tried the kasty ROM on the 10G2 and only got a black screen instantly after arnova logo, that is not a good sign to start with. Again I should be home soon and can start digging in.

Bob

FYI Daman, I did not do any conversion of the 9G3 ROM to make it work on the 9G2. It just worked! All I did was root it.

Comment

Hi,

My 10g2 has died - back to the store it went and exchanged. Only problem is the 10g2 was out of stuck so lucky old me got a 10bg3 in exchange.

It's a very nice tablet, seems a bit more solid than the 10G2.
                Only downer is no Google Play - I'm just putting ES File Explorer on and then we'll see if I can install the files Bob posted in the 7G3 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
                  Hi,

My 10g2 has died - back to the store it went and exchanged. Only problem is the 10g2 was out of stuck so lucky old me got a 10bg3 in exchange.

It's a very nice tablet, seems a bit more solid than the 10G2.
                  Only downer is no Google Play - I'm just putting ES File Explorer on and then we'll see if I can install the files Bob posted in the 7G3 thread.
                  You lucky man

Sent from my U9GT2 using Tapatalk 2
                  Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                  <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                  <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                  <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  </form>

Comment

Just an FYI. The Google stuff I posted in the 7G3 thread the calendar app is a problem. It is not a real ICS standard ASOP app.

See post #28 in this thread for kibmcz as found a standard ICS Google calendar APP.

Bob

Comment

Unlike the 7G3 doesn't look like I have root access :-(

I may try the Kasty ROM - though that makes me feel bad because it's not one of Bobs!!
                      I'm sure one will be along soon so just think of it as a weekend in Vegas.

Comment

Unlike the 7G3 doesn't look like I have root access :-(

I may try the Kasty ROM - though that makes me feel bad because it's not one of Bobs!!
                        I'm sure one will be along soon so just think of it as a weekend in Vegas.
                        Yes mine maybe out this afternoon when I get home from work. Still have to take apart the nice fresh ROM dump, look at it, make a stock ROM for download, and then make a rooted ROM with Gplay.

So use the Kasty if you need something now although I have no idea how well that works or what exactly has been done to it. He also implemented Face unlock. Not sure I am going to add that myself or not. I have now got a good set of Google ICS APPs though. Not just GPlay stuff but some of the other Google stuff that most dont ever see like calendar sync, contacts sync, etc.

Also you 10bG3 folks. Let me know about any BLOAT you want removed. I can look through the ROM myself bus sometimes the file name of the APP does not match the APP "real" name.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Yes mine maybe out this afternoon when I get home from work. Still have to take apart the nice fresh ROM dump, look at it, make a stock ROM for download, and then make a rooted ROM with Gplay.

So use the Kasty if you need something now although I have no idea how well that works or what exactly has been done to it. He also implemented Face unlock. Not sure I am going to add that myself or not. I have now got a good set of Google ICS APPs though. Not just GPlay stuff but some of the other Google stuff that most dont ever see like calendar sync, contacts sync, etc.

Also you 10bG3 folks. Let me know about any BLOAT you want removed. I can look through the ROM myself bus sometimes the file name of the APP does not match the APP "real" name.

Bob
                          On first start up the wizard asked if I wanted to install apps - there were 7 in total I think but don't know which they were. I'll do a factory reset tomorrow and choose 'No' and see what isn't there.

Apps that are there and could be 'bloat' are :
                          Angry Birds
                          Brief Me
                          eBuddy
                          Eurosport
                          Magic Doodle
                          Movie Studio
                          News Republic
                          Office Suite (may be useful?)
                          Tiki Cart 3D

There's also the usual stuff like Calculator, Camera, Clock and so on.

Ta

Comment

On first start up the wizard asked if I wanted to install apps - there were 7 in total I think but don't know which they were. I'll do a factory reset tomorrow and choose 'No' and see what isn't there.

Apps that are there and could be 'bloat' are :
                            Angry Birds
                            Brief Me
                            eBuddy
                            Eurosport
                            Magic Doodle
                            Movie Studio
                            News Republic
                            Office Suite (may be useful?)
                            Tiki Cart 3D

There's also the usual stuff like Calculator, Camera, Clock and so on.

Ta
                            These are not really part of the ROM but Arnova put them in "NAND" so on first startup they get installed. This was true for the 10G2 as well. Once you flashed your first ROM and erased IDB they would never get installed again because they were gone and again NOT part of the real ROM flash. When i did my first ROM for the 10G2 I noticed these were gone forever. I was glad I had backed up all my APP so I had them if needed. So understand this! If you flash the Kasty ROM you will loose those "extra apps" forever so if you want them, back them up now.
                            Well thats if it works like the 10G2 (and all other Arnovas) which my bet so far is it does.

Bob

Comment

OK status on the ROM dump. Very interesting indeed!

So you know I downloaded the Kasty Custom ROM and his stock ROM dump and took both apart. I then took apart the ROM dump from Alley.

They ARE DIFFERENT!!!! Unless arctablet modified it including modifying the stock ROM which I doubt he did other than used AFPTool to package it in a update.img!

1) Kasty Custom ROM has loader 2.20. This ROM dump from Alley has loader version 2.18. Makes you think Kasty maybe a newer ROM? Nope! Kasty's stock ROM has loader 2.14... So he must have updated to loader 2.20 in his custom ROM and left 2.14 for his stock ROM. Bottom line this dump provided to me has loader 2.18.

2) On Alley's dump the Kernel is inside boot IMG and is not seperate. Kasty ROMs both stock and custom, the kernel was seperate. So either Kasty removed the kernel from boot.img on his stock ROM (why would he) or it's a different ROM! Or his stock ROM is not a true take apart of backup.img!!! Now it's possible when Kasty dumped his tablet he did not use backup.img and instead used the raw dumped partitions and made the ROM from those. Kernel would get dumped seperate in that case BUT... boot would still have the kernel in it which his does not.

Question is which one is newer or better?

I will be using a tool to compare system.img files and in fact compare the kernels to see. Even using a hex editor you can find the kernel build date inside. I personally have a feeling this ROM dump from Alley is a never version ROM than Kasty.

So stay tuned guys! I need to do some work on this more and see whats what!

Bob

Comment

The BAD

None of these ROMs including the Alley Dump will boot on the Arnova 10G2.
                                In fact the kernel will not even come up enough to allow me into logcat to see why.

It appears the hardware for the 10b G3 is more different than initially suspected. e.g. it's NOT just amount of RAM but my bet is they used different screen hardware and other hardware.

I have not given up yet though but this is not looking good for 10G2 folks thinking the 10b G3 ICS ROM will work like it did for the 9G2 guys

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X