Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cifs.ko for CS918S

Hi all.

Does anybody have an appropriate cifs.ko module, which should load with insmod through terminal app? I really want to mount a network share with CIFSManager on my CS918S. Help is highly appreciated.

Originally posted by Taajan
    There is a group that is working on the CS918S, but right now, we are trying to get true 1080p to work and stick. Right now 1080p@24 is the only one that works, but then switches back when you restart the tV. If you could assist that would be awesome, also it would help out a lot for all of us to help research and get the file that your looking for to work on our devices. Now a question for you. Is the cifs.ko, is that like a driver? Thanks
    ok. Taajan. I'll be one of your group. I think I've been already joined your group. If you let me know how could I help with, then I'll try to do my best. Anyway cifs.ko is a module which android could mount remote cifs servers. If I successfully install that module into my CS918S then,

1. I'll mount shared folders from my window server.
    2. After mount I can use shared folders like internal directories. This means that I can use mx player when internet streaming playback in my xbmc.

this is just an theory.

Comment

I tried install cifs.ko module into my CS918S with this file but I can't success.

when I tried install cifs.ko module into my CS918S with this file. I can't make it. The result is right below

root@android:/data/data/berserker.android.apps.sshdroid/home/modules # insmod cifs.ko
      insmod: can't insert 'cifs.ko': invalid module format

In the dmesg

[96846.109992] cifs: version magic '3.1.10-g05b777c SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 ' should be '3.3.0 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 '

this means the cifs.ko file is build for kernel 3.1.10 but CS918S is 3.3.0. I think this module isn't for CS918S

So I need cifs.ko module which is built for kernel 3.3.0

Comment

Yeah this would be great, I have one of these boxes which had CIFS in the kernel but wouldn't play files in XBMC.

I updated the firmware now CIFS isn't there this box is useless to me :/

Comment

I can't I updated the firmware and don't have the old version.

Comment

Working...
          X