Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless rebooting

Hi,

As the title suggests my 10g2 is stuck in an endless boot cycle.
    It started as I was using an app, the system rebooted on it's own and since then it's stuck! I get the 'Freaktab.com' logo, then the static boot screen, then the animated one then it reboots and off we go again.

I've connected to my home PC and run ADB (power cable was not in) - eventually booted up after a long while. I noticed the battery indicator had a red cross, when I plugged in the power I ended up with an infinite reboot - this time never getting past the 'FreakTab' logo.
    Rockchip loader detects it fine and the tab doesn't turn off so don't think it's a genuine battery issue.

Any ideas?
    I'm going to try a re-flash of 2.0a I think - there are other people who've had battery issues so may be related (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post15118)

Running FInless 2.0a with CWM

Reflashed 2.0, no joy.
    Flashed the Arnova stock ROM and now it isn't even recognised by Windows - not even in recovery mode.

I think it's dead!

Comment

Definitely dead!
      Luckily still had receipt so back to the shop it went.

Bad news - 10g2 is discontinued.
      Good news - they had the 10bG3 in stock for the same price so got that as a replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWeelson View Post
        Good news - they had the 10bG3 in stock for the same price so got that as a replacement!
        Lucky SOB! Lets us know how the 2 really compare now. The 10bG3 looks cheaper looking to me.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Other than feeling a little more solid there's not all that much difference.

Main things are :

Slightly bigger than the G2 as it only just fits in the case I had for the G2
          No full size USB, micro only
          Bezel round the screen has a cross-hatched texture

First impressions are that it's really nice - lack of Google Play/Gmail and root a bit of a downer but I can wait for that I think.

Comment

Screen is cross hatched?
            That sounds like you got the resistive screen model?

If you got the capacitive and your SURE you did, then Arnova may have used different screen hardware on the 10bG3 which means bad news for the G3 ROM working on a G2!!!

Now I cant wait to get home and start working with this ROM dump I got!

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Screen is cross hatched?
              That sounds like you got the resistive screen model?

If you got the capacitive and your SURE you did, then Arnova may have used different screen hardware on the 10bG3 which means bad news for the G3 ROM working on a G2!!!

Now I cant wait to get home and start working with this ROM dump I got!

Bob
              No,no...
              I mean the screen surround, not the screen itself. Definitely capacitative screen - or so the box says! I forgot to say as well the startup wizard had the screen calibration wizard, just like the 10G2 had.
              You can see the screen surround on this picture :

It is a '10b' and not a '10' though - not sure what difference the 'b' means.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I am sure Bob will have a rooted ROM for you in probably no time at all knowing how much he hates to sleep.

My 10 G2 is also dead. Hardware problem.

Comment

Working...
                X