To quickly unmount USBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To quickly unmount USBs?

Are there any widgets that will unmount a USB device? I am aware of the 2012 effort www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1000-UnMount-Widget&highlight=unmount+USB
    But that seems to have died. It's this so, Petrus?

I am Using StickMount to mount mine but,to unmount, that requires one to find it's icon on a crowded screen find'unmount'in the displayed menu. A slightly simple solution would be nice.
    Last edited by Happychris; 04-18-2014, 09:54. Reason: error

Originally posted by Happychris View Post
    Are there any widgets that will unmount a USB device? I am aware of the 2012 effort www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1000-UnMount-Widget&highlight=unmount+USB

I am Using StickMount to mount mine but,to unmount, that requires one to find it's icon on a crowded screen find'unmount'in the displayed menu. A slightly simple solution would be nice.
    Have you tried from the terminal with umount? (root is necessary)

1. Download/open a terminal from your device
    2. Type:
    Code:
    su
    umount /location/of/mount
    If this works, you could also create a script and use something like SManager + Widgets to add a widget to your desktop for easier access.

Comment

Originally posted by Happychris View Post

I am Using StickMount to mount mine but,to unmount disk cleanup, that requires one to find it's icon on a crowded screen find'unmount'in the displayed menu. A slightly simple solution would be nice.
      It's a good thing we have USB On the Go right. Really simplifies things

Comment

Originally posted by Are G. Bee View Post
        Have you tried from the terminal with umount? (root is necessary)

1. Download/open a terminal from your device
        2. Type:
        Code:
        su
        umount /location/of/mount
        If this works, you could also create a script and use something like SManager + Widgets to add a widget to your desktop for easier access.
        Using the terminal lines above, you can add those lines to an sh file and use SManager + SMWidgets to create a single-click widget on your home screen. See here for more details. The instructions should be more or less the same but please make sure to read the first post in full as you will need to follow the original steps at the bottom for SManager/SMWidget instructions.

If you are also having issues trying to dismount your drive using the terminal (device/resource is busy), and your drive is NTFS, please take a look here (near the bottom) for more information on how to fix it. This fix should also stop the need for 3rd-party applications to mount your drive for you, as well as stop the extra long media scan upon boot.
        Last edited by Are G. Bee; 05-06-2014, 21:43. Reason: links do not highlight, changed text color...

Comment

Working...
        X