Tronsmart S89 Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart S89 Standard

Hello there. can eny 1 tell me whether the new tronsmart cpu chip is the S802-H inside please. this chip supports dts & dolby or r they just using the cheapest 1 for the vaga s89 standard. thanks.

The first lot was only S802 (Standard and Elite) and I think (but only think) the next lot (Standard) will have the same...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

No DTS yet

Both the Vega standard and elite do not have the H DTS / Dolby chip. You will know it's the S802-H because they will make a big deal about it supporting DTS / Dolby and it will cost a little bit more.

Comment

vaga

Shame i might cancel my order with geekbying and wait for the m8. Thanks eny way.

Comment

You mean minix x8s? That's the only known device at the moment, which will have the S802-H (maybe at end of Mai)...

BTW:
          XBMC does software decoding and pass-through audio works perfectly for Dolby-Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 (MX Player will not do pass-through on this chip)
          HI Guys: We get the first bulk of Tronsmart vega s89 in stock,and finish this passthrough review. Here is my test device: 1 Tronsmart vega s89 quad core tv box; 2 Yamaha RX-375 5.1 Receiver 3 Yamaha NS-P40 Speaker I test different 1080p mkv, ts format local video file, and use built-in XBMC to play […]

1 Dolby (AC3) 5.1 HDMI passthrough ——–OK
          2 DTS 5.1 HDMI passthrough——-OK
          3 DTS-HD HRA 5.1HDMI passthrough—–OK
          4 DTS-HD MA 5.1 HDMI passthrough—OK
          5 Dolby True-HD 5.1 HDMI Passthrough—can’t work, reciver just show 2.1, not 5.1
          So, seems the HDMI pass-through is working ok, but there is something problem with optical pass-through (noise). I have reported this problem to factory, and check if they can fix it.

Update!
          Just find in the optical pass through test, the noise is coming from the TV.
          If i make the TV mute, and the sound will be ok, no any noise anymore.
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

vaga

thanks, i did mean the minix x8s. i hope there is a simple method to root the vaga, id hate to bick it out of the box. lol

Comment

Re: Tronsmart S89 Standard

Originally posted by bigall123 View Post
              thanks, i did mean the minix x8s. i hope there is a simple method to root the vaga, id hate to bick it out of the box. lol
              Check my FAQ for simple root method. (Hint: install finless 1.2)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Working...
              X