Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart S89 "common" Finless 1.3 BETA ROM

Hey folks.... new ROM for you to try!

This is a complete ROM not a patch to a installed stock ROM!
    It is made from the M8 ROM and ported to work on the S89.
    I do NOT flash the bootloader or recovery so this should not brick you!
    Since this is a port of the M8 ROM I am calling it a BETA ROM as it needs lots of testing on the S89.

Also from this point forward I am going to try and make a "common" ROM for both the S89 Standard and S89 Elite. The ROM itself is made for the Standard version with 6330 wifi chip.
    I now supply a patch ZIP to patch the Standard ROM to work on the Elite with 6210 wifi chip.
    It works on my Elite fine and the only real difference I can see in the ROMs between the Standard and Elite is wifi.

FYI, This should also work on the M8 device!
    The only difference in the M8 and the S89 is the bootloader due to different NAND chips.
    Since I am not flashing the bootloader, it should work fine on the M8!

I would not consider this a BETA ROM for the M8 since this ROM was made from the M8 stock ROM! But you M8 folks let me know. I will make a thread for this in the M8 forum.
    It's only a BETA for the S89.

On with the show

Features and release notes for my 1.3 BETA ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there! This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I added the stock AOSP KitKat launcher if you want it. I prefer it over the stock Launcher.
    On first boot you will be asked which you want.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. buffers sizes, etc etc.

10) Added a wifi patcher ZIP to convert the S89 Standard to the Elite (fixes wifi).

As always, unzip this download and READ the READ me for more information and instructions for how to flash this ROM!

Here is the download link.

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 "Common" - Finless ROM 1.3 BETA (318 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Nice! Thanks for your work Bob!

Download now... Any differences with 1.2?

Comment

i tried it.
      Same as 1.2.... but IT stock command is not working anymore, and Antutu score is really poor like 18000.
      Maybe some differences between 2 devices...?

Comment

Well that's why it is a BETA ROM

However lets try something. Instead of using the M8 kernel which is what is in this BETA ROM Let flash the S89 stock kernel over top of this M8 ROM and see how performance is!

Download this:

Put it on SDcard and apply this update like other ZIP updates per my ROM instructions.

You will know you flashed it OK if you go into settings and about and the kernel says:
        zgq@ubuntu#1

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Well that's why it is a BETA ROM

However lets try something. Instead of using the M8 kernel which is what is in this BETA ROM Let flash the S89 stock kernel over top of this M8 ROM and see how performance is!

Download this:

Put it on SDcard and apply this update like other ZIP updates per my ROM instructions.

You will know you flashed it OK if you go into settings and about and the kernel says:
          zgq@ubuntu#1

Bob
          I done that... but Antutu freeze the device now (try 2 times), and no IR stock.
          I haven't done a wipe to move from 1.2 to 1.3.

I think i go back to 1.2 with your .zip file

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 "common" Finless 1.3 BETA ROM

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
            I done that... but Antutu freeze the device now (try 2 times), and no IR stock.
            I haven't done a wipe to move from 1.2 to 1.3.

I think i go back to 1.2 with your .zip file
            You'll need to use Finless' new stock ROM zip then apply 1.2 as stated 1.2 is only a patch not a full ROM. Apply stock then apply 1.2

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

On screen keyboard and 5G WiFi

Great work Bob. Nice and clean rom.

Found two issues:
              • The on screen keyboard is bigger than the screen
              • 5G WiFi is not working anymore( it was working with stock firmware)

Comment

included IR Remote does not work with this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemymac View Post
                  included IR Remote does not work with this rom.
                  Okay I'll flash and work on that tonight see if I can tell why it isn't working. May be able to fix faster can you PM dmesg and logcat?

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

How do i do that?

Comment

How do i do that?
                      I'm at work so I don't have a link off hand. But Google adb and get adb working on your computer. Connect USB cable to the microusb otg port on the Vega. Then go to your terminal/console and enter adb shell.

Logcat:
                      logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Dmesg:
                      dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

Then upload those files here or pastebin from your internal storage on your Vega.

Comment

How do i do that?

and
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi, thanks for this, sorted lots of issues for me. But Google Play is not working for me or anything which requires me to sign in to my google account.

Comment

Hi everyone !!
                            I'd like to ask you advices.
                            I've actually Tronsmart T428 but it's not a dream and i like to change but do you advice me to take this one ? I like the stock launcher !
                            But i've some questions :
                            - is it possible to plug a cam with mic to have sound and vidéo on skype ? (What model do you advice me ?)
                            - is it possible to use another remote with IR port ? (Remote with touchpad or trackball ans keyboard if it exists ?)
                            - is it better than a T428 ?
                            - there are problems with this box ?
                            Thanks for all

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by florian83260 View Post
                              Hi everyone !!
                              I'd like to ask you advices.
                              I've actually Tronsmart T428 but it's not a dream and i like to change but do you advice me to take this one ? I like the stock launcher !
                              But i've some questions :
                              - is it possible to plug a cam with mic to have sound and vidéo on skype ? (What model do you advice me ?)
                              - is it possible to use another remote with IR port ? (Remote with touchpad or trackball ans keyboard if it exists ?)
                              - is it better than a T428 ?
                              - there are problems with this box ?
                              Thanks for all

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk
                              - Yes I would get one if I were you. The device is good! better than I expected to be honest. Its stable, got a lively community and there are many brands with exactly the same hardware so there is lots of support.
                              - Its better and faster than T428. Full XBMC support out of the box. Got optical audio, ethernet port and av port that T428 don't have.
                              - You can use a lots of 3rd party remotes (e.g. mele F10). It also works welll with other remotes from cellphone (XBMC official remote works well, And RemoteIME (Smart iRemote on playstr) also works well).
                              - Yes there is problems (its only 3 weeks old!). Its very stable though. Problems are getting fixed fast (see FAQ in sticky one back). All showstoppers have a SW workaround - so no worries that it cannot be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X