[Freaktab Developer Review] JXD S5800 Game Pad Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Freaktab Developer Review] JXD S5800 Game Pad Phone

I just received my very first MTK device from Geekbuying.com. (Thanks to my friend, Eric, for sending this device to me so I can begin to learn the MTK platform for ROM development). He is needing some help with MTK ROM development...so I'm trying to learn how to do it.

I already own the JXD S7800B Game Pad, so I kind of know my way around the controls. My son, Jackson, is my game tester...since I'm not really into gaming much...I'm just fascinated by these devices and want to learn more about them.

My first impression of this device is that it is a solid and responsive little device. It's a little too big for a cell phone, and a little too small for a tablet in my opinion. My son's opinion is that it's a perfect size as a gaming device that's portable a rugged.

I was happy to discover that my AT&T SIM card worked for 3G coverage here in the USA.

This Game Phone comes with an MTK6582 quad core processor running at 1.3 ghz with 1GB RAM and 8GB NAND.

The screen size is the same as my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active phone (5"), but with a lower screen resolution only 540x960. My Antutu score is 12602. The only reason for such a low score was due to no points awarded for 3D graphics. Otherwise, this device beats the Samsung Galaxy S3, my son uses.

This device also comes with an internal GPS which I think is handy. I've been running some tests and to be general....it works very well. After discovering the satellites, it found my location in a heartbeat.

I was easily able to root this device by following the steps outlined on this thread:

JXD S5800 Root Guide

I also was able to install CWM Recovery using the same guide. It only took me about 20 minutes from start to finish to root and have a working CWM.

The only drawback I've found so far is that the DOWN VOLUME button has quit working...but you can adjust the volume by using the touch screen.

I'm taking baby steps learning this new firmware platform, but I've played around a little and almost have my first test ROM to flash...when I get the nerve to do it. A couple more of us Freaktab developers are learning together...so I really want to wait until they get their devices.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

good tablet, i had one,played KOF using this tablet,i love it.
    Coolicool - Located in China and a trusted seller on Freaktab. We are selling loads of Android TV Sticks, Tablets, Smartphones and consuming electronic merchandises to all over the world. We have local Warehouse in Europe that our customers can get what they want in 72 hours(2-5 Days Delivery&No tariff).
    Lowest Price Guarantee
    Easter Special Offer!
    Link: http://bit.ly/2Iy2Av4

Comment

JXD S5800 is a game console and meanwhile a smart phone? I think it's the device i'm looking for. But is there anyone can tell me about the quality? And some vedioes of games on it will be more convincing, right?
      This is the game i am now playing:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVqar1iPalk
      Do not laugh at me, i am into it.

Comment

Working...
      X