Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need wpa_supplicant and wpa_supplicant.conf please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need wpa_supplicant and wpa_supplicant.conf please!

I really need a copy of /system/bin/wpa_supplicant and /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf files please here is how to do it.

Make sure your device is set to debugging mode under settings/development and plug in to usb
    1) in a command window with adb access type (make sure you have a temp directory in c
    adb pull /system/bin/wpa_supplicant c:\temp
    adb pull /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:\temp

2) just attach the two files and post here PLEASE!, after updating to firmware on southerntelecom website I lost access to my adhoc wifi.

THANKS~!

Here you go

Originally posted by a_elizondo View Post
    I really need a copy of /system/bin/wpa_supplicant and /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf files please here is how to do it.

Make sure your device is set to debugging mode under settings/development and plug in to usb
    1) in a command window with adb access type (make sure you have a temp directory in c
    adb pull /system/bin/wpa_supplicant c:\temp
    adb pull /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:\temp

2) just attach the two files and post here PLEASE!, after updating to firmware on southerntelecom website I lost access to my adhoc wifi.

THANKS~!
    Had to compress to a zip to post here, if that doesnt work send me a PM and I can put them in a drop box and send a link. By the way this is from the PMID702C that I only have for a couple more days. I did pull images off of it before I did anything though so they should be clean. Just need to get those uploaded too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
      Had to compress to a zip to post here, if that doesnt work send me a PM and I can put them in a drop box and send a link. By the way this is from the PMID702C that I only have for a couple more days. I did pull images off of it before I did anything though so they should be clean. Just need to get those uploaded too.
      It didn't work, I sent you a PM, but it would be awesome to post it here to have others benefit too, thanks!

Comment

Not much time for a few more days

My nephew (well great nephew) that has been living with us for awhile is going back home tomorrow night so it has been a bit hectic here. Should have a little more time to work with this next week, though I wont be able to do a proper test on the ROM when I get it together either since I wont have the PMID702C anymore since that was picked up for him and it will be gone tomorrow night. I might at least be able to take a shot at trying it on my 701C, but since it wasn't made for that one there is no guarantee if it would even boot, if it does I am fairly sure it wouldn't operate right. But I can get it back to where it was easily enough afterward.

The problem with putting a file in a dropbox and making the URL public is that my dropbox usage allowance would be quickly eaten up and I would start getting nasty grams from them saying how much use I am generating. If it works though we should be able to get Finless to host them here.

Comment

Ignore this message
          Last edited by burlinski; 06-16-2012, 14:33.

Comment

got it fixed

i put together a flashable image of the original pmid702c rom. it has been tested and i am working on getting a post together so it will be available here by monday at the latest but hopefully this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
              i put together a flashable image of the original pmid702c rom. it has been tested and i am working on getting a post together so it will be available here by monday at the latest but hopefully this afternoon
              Curious, will it have to use Livesuite to flash it? I was able to struggle through putting the newer image on, but I have to say that Livesuite isn't the most robust program I've ever seen, but part of that might be that I was trying it on a Windows 7 x64 system.

These tablets don't seem to have the type of recovery that can be accessed by some combination of buttons and powering on, and will flash anything that is named update.zip and is located in the root of the internal storage I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by burlinski View Post
                Curious, will it have to use Livesuite to flash it? I was able to struggle through putting the newer image on, but I have to say that Livesuite isn't the most robust program I've ever seen, but part of that might be that I was trying it on a Windows 7 x64 system.

These tablets don't seem to have the type of recovery that can be accessed by some combination of buttons and powering on, and will flash anything that is named update.zip and is located in the root of the internal storage I guess.
                Yes the img file sabercatpuck provided is flashed with livesuite, after figuring out where the img file can be hosted it can be posted in this forum in case anyone else screws it up like me.

Comment

Working...
                X