istick a200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

istick a200

i am using an istick a200 since 2 weeks but it is really laggy and xbmc crashes all the time.
    there is really much bloat on it.

so I am searching for an other ROM. I am using (flashing rooting..) android-devices for years, but its my first TV-stick, so I need a bit of initial help ;-)

i did not open the stick but i am pretty shure there is an RK3066 and BCM40181 for WiFi in it.

so can I use all MK808 (non B) roms on it?

are there roms with xbmc preinstalled?

it seems that Finless and Hybryd FW are the most popular roms.
    what are the main differences? can I use those roms on my stick?

what do i have to consider before i choose a rom?

Originally posted by bpm View Post
    i am using an istick a200 since 2 weeks but it is really laggy and xbmc crashes all the time.
    there is really much bloat on it.

so I am searching for an other ROM. I am using (flashing rooting..) android-devices for years, but its my first TV-stick, so I need a bit of initial help ;-)

i did not open the stick but i am pretty shure there is an RK3066 and BCM40181 for WiFi in it.

so can I use all MK808 (non B) roms on it?

are there roms with xbmc preinstalled?

it seems that Finless and Hybryd FW are the most popular roms.
    what are the main differences? can I use those roms on my stick?

what do i have to consider before i choose a rom?
    That is interesting it has 2gig of ram. It also has touch screen support from the video on the web...i would like to get a the image for this one.
    Last edited by prahjister; 04-23-2014, 13:18.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      That is interesting it has 2gig of ram. It also has touch screen support from the video on the web...i would like to get a the image for this one.
      how can i fetch an image for you?

it is not possible to connect touchscreens!
      here is the email form the company i bought the stick:

Hi Markus,

Thanks for contacting us!

Because iStick is an android based system which supports the PQ Labs Multi-Touch Screen (up to 120 inch) natively. It doesn't work with the third-party touch screens now.

So please kindly understand iStick only works with PQ Labs Multi-Touch Screen with the current ROM (Read-Only-Memory, Android system package flashed by the factory) release from PQ Labs Inc, meanwhile, we support wireless USB mouse/keyboard for the consumers without the PQ Labs Multi-Touch Overlays.

As for Multi-Touch Screen side, because the smallest size for our touch screen is 21.5” so we don’t provide 7” screen for you.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have more ideas and suggestions.

Best Regards,

Coco​

Comment

how can i fetch an image for you?

it is not possible to connect touchscreens!
        here is the email form the company i bought the stick:

Hi Markus,

Thanks for contacting us!

Because iStick is an android based system which supports the PQ Labs Multi-Touch Screen (up to 120 inch) natively. It doesn't work with the third-party touch screens now.

So please kindly understand iStick only works with PQ Labs Multi-Touch Screen with the current ROM (Read-Only-Memory, Android system package flashed by the factory) release from PQ Labs Inc, meanwhile, we support wireless USB mouse/keyboard for the consumers without the PQ Labs Multi-Touch Overlays.

As for Multi-Touch Screen side, because the smallest size for our touch screen is 21.5” so we don’t provide 7” screen for you.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have more ideas and suggestions.

Best Regards,

Coco​
        I found it on there website....ill poke around a bit tonight. Try my rom but do a nand backup first....install cwm...I dont know how it will act with 2gig of ram....actually you probably want to identify your wireless chip first.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I found it on there website....ill poke around a bit tonight. Try my rom
          what is your rom?
          but do a nand backup first....install cwm...I dont know how it will act with 2gig of ram....actually you probably want to identify your wireless chip first.
          my wireless chip is an BCM40181

i will try this next week. i am not at home for the next 8 days.

Comment

what is your rom?

my wireless chip is an BCM40181

i will try this next week. i am not at home for the next 8 days.
            Prahjister 1.0 but you will have to bring a 4.2 kernel to use it unless you can live without wireless and have a usb ethernet adapter.

Comment

iStick A300

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum. I have recently purchased an iStick A300 and its stock rom is really laggy as well. Does anybody know what custom rom I could flash on it? I t has an RK3188 (rk30sdk) processor and currently runs Jellybean 4.2.2. thnx!

Comment

Working...
              X