Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No video in XMBC on S89 clone using amcodec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No video in XMBC on S89 clone using amcodec?

Hi, I have a S89 clone called "Mbox", it is running finless beta rom for the s89. However, when I enable amcodec in XBMC, there is no video (only sound), only libstagefright works properly. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Can you show us more info about your box? Pictures please
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
      Can you show us more info about your box? Pictures please
      It's this: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Amlog...752162279.html

Forgot to mention, im running the most recent xbmc gotham nightly build.

Comment

I did not see this box without any logo before, but it looks like the neutral version (gift box is same M B O X). I think you can follow same threads than Beelink M8, VEGA... if don't fear maybe can open and take a motherboard picture to compare. This is the Beelink M8 board:

I guess yours is exactly same.
        Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by pyr0maniac View Post
          Hi, I have a S89 clone called "Mbox", it is running finless beta rom for the s89. However, when I enable amcodec in XBMC, there is no video (only sound), only libstagefright works properly. Any ideas how I can resolve this?
          Should work fine... Did you try the latest XBMC nightly? I run nightly 04/19 and the amcodec is automatically setup - did not have to change anything for it to work.

If you open your box and see Netxeon S82_v2.0_20140304 PCB then its 100% the same as tronsmart vega & finless/XBMC should work

Comment

I don't have the balls to open it but I've verified its an amlogic s802 in CPU-Z. And yes I'm running nightly 04/19.

MediaCodec causes xbmc to crash
            amcodec outputs only audio
            libstagefright works perfectly.

Am I really missing out on anything with amcodec?

Comment

Originally posted by pyr0maniac View Post
              I don't have the balls to open it but I've verified its an amlogic s802 in CPU-Z. And yes I'm running nightly 04/19.

MediaCodec causes xbmc to crash
              amcodec outputs only audio
              libstagefright works perfectly.

Am I really missing out on anything with amcodec?
              - Try different resolution on TV to check if it maybe relates to that (HDMI incompatibility?).
              - Maybe your device is defective...

Comment

Uninstall your current XBMC apk download this one and install ;

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                  Uninstall your current XBMC apk download this one and install ;

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...y-1-2-S89-ROMs
                  That was the first one I tried before installing the latest. Same problem.

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                  - Try different resolution on TV to check if it maybe relates to that (HDMI incompatibility?).
                  - Maybe your device is defective...
                  I did try changing the resolution and refresh rates but it didn't change anything.

Comment

i have the Mbox s82 (elite version), i have not tried the 1.3 beta rom. i was running the 1.2 rom and didn't notice any problems. If you decide to update your firmware with the firmware released today use the Bee-link s82 firmware someone provided a link to on the forum, link is below. i have tested both the s82 and s89 firmwares and performance is much better on the s82 with the s82 firmware.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12344-S82-firmware-has-been-updated-%28XBMC-support-Dolby-amp-DTS%29

Comment

Re: No video in XMBC on S89 clone using amcodec?

Okay so I haven't had any tronsmart users report any problems but I'm getting reports of this from s89 clones and m8 models all across the forums.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
                        i have the Mbox s82 (elite version), i have not tried the 1.3 beta rom. i was running the 1.2 rom and didn't notice any problems. If you decide to update your firmware with the firmware released today use the Bee-link s82 firmware someone provided a link to on the forum, link is below. i have tested both the s82 and s89 firmwares and performance is much better on the s82 with the s82 firmware.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?12344-S82-firmware-has-been-updated-%28XBMC-support-Dolby-amp-DTS%29
                        Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back.

Only reason I'm using any non-standard ROM is because the stock ROM played video sooooooooo badly, it stuttered so bad it was completely unwatchable.

Comment

Just because it says ¨Tronsmart¨ on the box, does not mean it is any different from certain other boxes.

One and the same factory pushes out these things, and they get re branded by various dealers/distributors, so just try and compare the PCB to yours.

Thus the term ¨clone¨ is not appropriate in a lot of cases, because it is exactly the same PCBs, as the ones Tronsmart or Beelink are selling to the consumers.

It would be interesting to open a thread, discussing/comparing these re-branded/blank boxes, to fish out the cheapest prices for the same hardware.

That way us cheapskates get to enjoy ourselves as well!

Comment

Working...
                          X