Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback

Eric,

I am using the standard version, not the Elite.

Good job with the first revision though since the box runs stable and I don't expereince much heat issues.

Izaak

Comment

Originally posted by iwaardei View Post
      Eric,

I am using the standard version, not the Elite.

Good job with the first revision though since the box runs stable and I don't expereince much heat issues.

Izaak
      if u are using the standard version,what about the not OK issues??Eric needs some feedback, btw ur 5GHZwi-fi is working??what speed do u have n 2.5ghz Wi-Fi??

Comment

new stock firmware

Almost forgot.

The box needs to be rooted for XBMC to work properly. When I tried first with the stock XBMC version the sound synchronisation was really bad (seconds) and inconsistent.

After rooting and installing the latest nightly this improved. Just had to adjust the offset to 250ms ahead.

Izaak

Comment

Almost forgot.

The box needs to be rooted for XBMC to work properly. When I tried first with the stock XBMC version the sound synchronisation was really bad (seconds) and inconsistent.

After rooting and installing the latest nightly this improved. Just had to adjust the offset to 250ms ahead.

Izaak
          thanks for the feedback.

in next feedback,i will ask factory to open the root access.

Eric
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

new stock firmware

Eric,

Just tried the WIFI, 5Ghz indeed not working.

Izaak

Comment

Re: New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
              thanks for the feedback.

Eric
              Again, please ask them to provide full kernel sources with proper customer files. With full kernel sources this device will be able to have the community develop custom firmware to relieve some of the burden Tronsmart has to upgrading firmware across many devices. They would sell more units as we all would flock to this device, I guarantee it.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

thanks for the feedback.

Eric
                You could just ask them to alter the permissions so it works stock

Comment

Originally posted by Tim3Ds View Post
                  You could just ask them to alter the permissions so it works stock
                  Yea I think thats better suggestion - for now.

Comment

Eric,

Just tried the WIFI, 5Ghz indeed not working.

Izaak
                    have you tried this:
                    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间
                    Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                      Again, please ask them to provide full kernel sources with proper customer files. With full kernel sources this device will be able to have the community develop custom firmware to relieve some of the burden Tronsmart has to upgrading firmware across many devices. They would sell more units as we all would flock to this device, I guarantee it.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                      +1

without kernel source, this box won't never optimized... Great freaktab devs community can do magic kernel with source... So a lot of sales for sure.

Eric, could you ask for a cifs/nfs kernel support? We need that for heavy files on NAS. Thanks for your support.
                      Last edited by roolmapool; 04-25-2014, 09:35.

Comment

ok, guys, i ask the factory to test the vega s89 standard version firmware on their device, it can work, both 2.4g and 5g, and bluetooth.

because i have no vega s89 standard version in my office, so i just can test the elite version firmware, it works well.

i need more feedbacks.

@rad, are you sure your device is the standard version? the standard version is 2G ram and 16 storage, don't flash the standard firmware on the vega s89 elite.

please confirm.

Eric
                        I defo have the standard, also if I flash back to stock the 5Ghz comes back. It also works on finless 1.3 beta.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                          +1

without kernel source, this box won't never optimized... Great freaktab devs community can do magic kernel with source... So a lot of sales for sure.

Eric, could you ask for a cifs/nfs kernel support? We need that for heavy files on NAS. Thanks for your support.
                          +1
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

have you tried this:
                            http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDFxvRr
                            That's going to take 18 hours to download and it looks like the same file.

It's more likely they have forgotten the 5G drivers..

Also the bluetooth didn't work either remember.

Given the elite has no 5G or Bluetooth is it possible they created a rom for both but then forgot to add in the driver for 5G and bluetooth to the standard one ??

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
                              That's going to take 18 hours to download and it looks like the same file.

It's more likely they have forgotten the 5G drivers..

Also the bluetooth didn't work either remember.

Given the elite has no 5G or Bluetooth is it possible they created a rom for both but then forgot to add in the driver for 5G and bluetooth to the standard one ??
                              the factory just said they tested the 5g wifi routers, and it can work, you can find the 5g signal, but can't connect? or you can't search the 5G signal.

don't worry, i am working on this problem, guys.

also i need more feedback about this new update expect the 5g wifi and bluetooth.

i will push them to fix the xbmc a/v sync problem in next update.

Eric
                              Geekbuying
                              Looking for developers

Comment

Re: New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

[/COLOR]CPU-Z indicates that the kernel runs at 1.99 Ghz. Antutu score 31780!
                                You cant use CPUZ to find the true CPU speed, CPUZ gives the maximum frequency the chip can do....which is 1.9Ghz.

You have to use something like trickster mod or Set CPU to find the true (or scaled) max frequency.

When I flashed the new ROM last night, the CPU was still set to 1.6GHz and I had to manually changed the frequency with Set CPU to 1.9Ghz which now sticks unlike in the old ROM. I again last night seemed to have some problems with the max frequency jumping down to 1.6Ghz, not sure why.

The minim frequency is still set to 96Mhz and the govenor is still hot plug. I also noticed the sample rate of the kernel is 100000 , it should be down at 30000ish for performance, since it doesn't run on a battery.

Can someone tell me if their box using the new Rom after flashing, using Set CPU is still maxed at 1.6Ghz?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X