Use ext SD ONLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use ext SD ONLY?

Hello. I am the "proud" owner of a Pipo S2 which seems to be having late life problems with it's storage. Specifically it seems like things get corrupted often and the tablet restarts, gets stuck during Pipo logo and after many restarts finally boots, but after having performed a factory reset (all gone, rom in virgin state). This happens regardless of rom, even though RileyRom seems to be a bit more stable.

What i was thinking is, that something is wrong with the internal storage chip. Maybe many bad blocks or something. Check disk in Windows doesn't find anything when the tablet is connected with USB. So I'm thinking maybe the error is in a partition that doesn't get mounted when USB is connected.

The question is if it's possbile to just buy a class 10 32gb miniSD card, partition it properly and use it as NAND and Internal SD. I don't much care if the whole thing doesn't get mounted when USB is connected because the 16gb internal space in the tablet probably will and then I could move files using a file explorer in the tablet (I am guessing the whole internal space could be made to be recognized as ext SD using a script).

The difficult thing, I imagine, is partitioning the card correctly, installing Android in it and actually have the tablet use it to boot instead of the internal chip.

So what do you think? Is this possible at all? I think it would solve all my problems with the tablet.

Oh I see there is a somewhat relevant discussion here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...an-external-SD

Looks like he was successful too. I think I am going to continue there...

Comment

Working...
    X