Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tegra 4 ZTE FUNBOX and Allwinner A31 TCL T2 Android Game Console Show Up In China Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tegra 4 ZTE FUNBOX and Allwinner A31 TCL T2 Android Game Console Show Up In China Market

Very interesting devices for gaming, Eric.

Lets see the prices, when they ready for the release outside china.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013

It being based on Tegra 4 (and thus, Cortex A15) should make it extremely interesting performance-wise, especially if it gets some custom rom action by the developers here. Say, GeekBuying_Rep, have there been any news regarding it? Will we see it at Geekbuying or will we have to settle for Aliexpress?

Comment

Originally posted by Zonk View Post
      It being based on Tegra 4 (and thus, Cortex A15) should make it extremely interesting performance-wise, especially if it gets some custom rom action by the developers here. Say, GeekBuying_Rep, have there been any news regarding it? Will we see it at Geekbuying or will we have to settle for Aliexpress?
      I already manage to root the zte fun box, and install google play store on it. but i am doulbe if you guys would try it, because the SDK of zte fun box is still base not he tegra 4 phone sdk, a lot of things need to be improved, and the price should be listed as 150usd or so.

i don't know if people are interested to get this. or wait to the tegra k1 device.
      i have heard, the tronsmart is working with tegra now,and they will release the tegra k1 tv box. i am watching and waiting for this.

Eric
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

The price you mention should not be a problem: that is what some of the current, Cortex A9-based TV boxes cost. This has a Cortex A15 SoC and a gamepad, so I'd say $150 is just about right. Any more than that and you start to move into low-end NUC territory.

I didn't understand what you said about the SDK, but I would suggest you to try and contact some of the developers (finless, noderat, d33, JDfense, 900supersport, or others) via PM and have a talk about these things, to see if something could be worked out. If something can be worked out, I'd then start a thread asking fellow freaktabbers if they would buy it at the price you mention and with the knowledge that developers here would be willing to try and make a custom rom.

[edit] Also, while I like Tronsmart because of the support they usually have here, and the prospect of getting a Tegra K1 is very much drool-worthy, the truth is there's always something more powerful just around the corner. Always waiting for that makes one never buy anything. Besides, I just did a search and nothing came up, so if it indeed will come to happen, it's probably a long ways off yet.
        Last edited by Zonk; 07-04-2014, 02:03. Reason: Added something, didn't want to double-post.

Comment

Hm. It sounds like the sources are beta for this box. Maybe it needs some time.
          In the meantime my old ps3 is responsible for the fun section.:-)

JD ---> easypad970

Comment

Really? In what way: unstable, missing features, all of the above?

Comment

Sorry. You got me wrong. Eric mentioned that there are some thing, because of weak sources.
              Let's see what comes up finally.

JD ---> GT- I8160

Comment

Nice, but where do you get one for a good price.

JD - - > Kingzone K1s Turbo

Comment

AW: Tegra 4 ZTE FUNBOX and Allwinner A31 TCL T2 Android Game Console Show Up In China Market

Yes, but the price for sending with DHL to Germany is out of control

JD - - > Kingzone K1s Turbo

Comment

nice information ,i guess it will enjoy a lot from it
                    like cheap tablets ,hopefully can see a lot of models

Comment

ZTE FUNBOX is the first Android game console based on Tegra 4 chip, I thought OUYA should launch this, however ZTE has surpassed them. laughing out loud.
                      The answer is not now, because this zte funbox is not ready for overseas market, it only has Chinese language now, you cannot set the menu to English. and there is no built-in google play store, you just can play well the games https://epiccarry.com/us/boost/buy-bfa-mythic-dungeons/ on their own platform.

Comment

Exciting news about the Tegra 4 ZTE FUNBOX and Allwinner A31 TCL T2 Android game consoles hitting the market in China! It's always great to see new gaming tech making its way to enthusiasts.

For those interested in exploring more gaming options, I recommend checking out https://retroconsolas.com. They offer a wide range of retro games and consoles that can add a nostalgic touch to your gaming collection.

What are your thoughts on these new Android game consoles?​
                        Last edited by PeterColdfild; 03-12-2024, 19:13.

Comment

Working...
                        X