iFive 3 AND Mini3 RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iFive 3 AND Mini3 RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

This is a KitKat ROM for both models...iFive 3, and iFive Mini 3 based on official iFive firmware dated 3/28/14.

This is a KitKat ROM, so you need to keep the loader checked the first time you flash it. If you decide to go back to a Jellybean ROM...you must first erase IDB from this ROM before flashing the Jellybean...and flash the loader for the Jellybean ROM (you are on your own for a Jellybean firmware to flash back to...either look on the iFive site, or do a ROM dump of your original firmware before you start, just look around for instructions here on FT).

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    English Default
    Auto APK Install feature on first boot (read my thread on it in the Pipo section)
    TWRP Recovery
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12gb user app space options by flashing the desired parameter file (default is 4gb)
    Boot animation by me
    Reboot app by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions and other tips
    Modules added for VPN support (not tested)
    Adjusted Wifi Power

If you would like future iFive support, please donate at the link in my signature...I would really like to get an iFive to test with.

Download
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    This is a KitKat ROM for both models...iFive 3, and iFive Mini 3 based on official iFive firmware dated 3/28/14.

This is a KitKat ROM, so you need to keep the loader checked the first time you flash it. If you decide to go back to a Jellybean ROM...you must first erase IDB from this ROM before flashing the Jellybean...and flash the loader for the Jellybean ROM (you are on your own for a Jellybean firmware to flash back to...either look on the iFive site, or do a ROM dump of your original firmware before you start, just look around for instructions here on FT).

This ROM is:

Rooted
    Debloated
    Init.d Support
    English Default
    Auto APK Install feature on first boot (read my thread on it in the Pipo section)
    TWRP Recovery
    2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12gb user app space options by flashing the desired parameter file (default is 4gb)
    Boot animation by me
    Reboot app by Petrus
    First Time User's Guide for flashing instructions and other tips
    Modules added for VPN support (not tested)
    Adjusted Wifi Power

If you would like future iFive support, please donate at the link in my signature...I would really like to get an iFive to test with.

Download
    black screen only after flashing on mini 3

Comment

This ROM is for the 1024x768 resolution tablet. If you have the Retina version 2048x1536, you must flash the RileyROM version for the Mini 3 Retina. Here

This ROM is interchangeable with iFive 3 and Mini 3 non-retina.

Otherwise, you need to return to stock firmware. Here
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

This ROM is for the 1024x768 resolution tablet. If you have the Retina version 2048x1536, you must flash the RileyROM version for the Mini 3 Retina. Here

This ROM is interchangeable with iFive 3 and Mini 3 non-retina.

Otherwise, you need to return to stock firmware. Here
        I have the non retina mini 3.
        Currently it is running your first 1.0 rom.
        Flashing this rom gives a black screen, and it just continues to vibrate.
        Followed the instructions in your flashing guide.

Do i need to flash the stock firmware first?

Comment

No, that isn't required. Looks like I need to work on this one a bit.

Stay tuned for an update in the next few days (hopefully)
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

No, that isn't required. Looks like I need to work on this one a bit.

Stay tuned for an update in the next few days (hopefully)
            no rush, really appreciate the work you are doing!

just ordered the new mini 3gs (should be getting it in 2 weeks) paid only $62.00 US for it on aliexpress (delivered), could be getting ripped off, but thought what the heck! think you might be doing a rom for it too?
            turning into a tabletaholic.....
            Last edited by bobb; 05-07-2014, 05:09.

Comment

I'm planning on it, as soon as I get a link to the firmware.

Whoever gets the first one may need to do a ROM dump if iFive doesn't post the firmware.

I'm thinking about ordering one, but I'm also looking at the Pipo T9...it has a little bit larger screen. I already have the Mini3 Retina.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by bobb View Post
                just ordered the new mini 3gs paid only $62.00 US for it on aliexpress (delivered), could be getting ripped off,
                The normal price for the iFive mini 3GS is around 200-250$ delivered...

Randy, there is a new update today for the iFive 3

ifive3_FW_442_V2.0.5_wx临时版_201405061700.rar
                http://pan.baidu.com/s/1zoPwa

Comment

Thanks. I will download it tonight.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

I've got a new ROM to test.

This is v1.2

Download

Anyone want to test it?

It's based on firmware released 5/6/14
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I've got a new ROM to test.

This is v1.2

Download

Anyone want to test it?

It's based on firmware released 5/6/14
                      Tested on mini 3 non retina, black screen... back to version 1.0

Comment

There is something fishy with this firmware. Have you tried flashing the stock version to see if it works?

Randy
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Hi Sir

Hi sir is there any update for Riley 1.1?? ifive mini 3 non retina..
                          Last edited by jenuz20; 06-08-2014, 07:50.

Comment

Ifive 3 retina version

Hi Riley, thx for your job,
                            i flashed my ifive 3 with this rom and she works great but i tested my tablet with Antutu and the resolution of my screen is 2048x1536 but when i flash with the retina HD version i have black screen, i don't understand why. To finish, on the first boot, your logo is very small in left corner and the boot animation is small too in the middle of my screen.
                            I have a IFIVE 3 not the mini.

Thx for your help.

Comment

Helps us about RR 1.2 for Ifive mini 3

Sir Riley please update your Riley 1.2 for ifive mini 3 thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X