No announcement yet.

iFive Mini 3 Retina RileyROM 1.1 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not able to download from that page.....its extremely slow and it stops with downloading after some time....then it fails....and so on....
    if you have another idea, please....
    if not, thank you for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by ved View Post
      I was not able to download from that page.....its extremely slow and it stops with downloading after some time....then it fails....and so on....
      if you have another idea, please....
      if not, thank you for trying!
      try just searching for it through website sellers i know i downloaded firmware for my 9.7 inch ifive that way but i dont remember where i downloaded it from but i kniw it was way faster than the official website i think it was like geekbuying or one of those geek websites

Comment

Originally posted by ved View Post
        I have a question regarding my issue:

every time when i connect my device, windows is reconizing it like Nexus7 and i see ADB drivers are also installed in device manager but, when i type ADB DEVICES in CMD, list o devices is empty.
        none o the flashing tools cannot recognize it like RK chipset device.
        i did uninstall this "Nexus7" but every time PC is installing the same.
        i am araid that my device is destroyed. how can i again establish communiikcation between my device and some flashing tool like RKDevelopTool or any other if you have idea?
        is there some other procedure except ADB interface?

thank you!
        Download moborobo and install to pc.
        When installed, open moborobo it will detect your tablet.
        Then you can to use ADB in CMD to connect between tablet and PC.
        Last edited by Anucha; 08-05-2014, 00:33.

Comment

Trick for mini 3 retina

#My trick for to fix boot loop in to recovery
          -Use RKAndroidTool 1.37 to reflash boot.img

#My trick for easy entry to bootloader with manual method

1. In PC open RKAndroidTool 1.37
          2. Connect usb cable to tablet and PC
          3. Long press power button when screen off release it and press again (do it fast)
          4. Tablet will go to bootloader, installed driver see show "Found …" in RKAndroidTool 1.37
          5. for boot loop in recovery use the same method 1-4
          6. for boot loop in CWM recovery touch down to highlight color out off menu "-reboot system now" and use the same method 1-4

I flashed CWM recovery 6.0.31 for kk gen2 loader by Oma with RKAndroidTool 1.37
          worked on mini3 retina with this rom except sideload not to send file from PC
          It have small text but no problem to touch. I can install zip file,backup and restore rom and wipe everything.

Hope to help another user
          Anucha.

Comment

finally success

hi,

just to let you know that I was able to recover my device and secret was in the latest ADB drivers which are present only in SDK Manager.
            link is here:
            ADB, install, drivers, Root, Google, Devices, how to, Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S Nexus, adb drivers, android

then i saw version of ADB which was this year...all previous drivers were from 2010 or 2012.
            once when device was recognized with command "adb devices" in cmd, finally i was able to go in to flash mode.
            then i used RKTool and only available ROM was MI from XIAOMI, so i used that one and device is up and running....
            later when i find more courage, i will try your ROM Riley
            tnx All for support!

cheers!

Comment

loaded Your ROM

hi,

yes I found the courage and flashed device again with your ROM and its even better than XIAOMI ROM I had before (my opinion). Its more smoothly and faster reaction on any kind of click.
              and of course, now I have Google Play Store and root access

Comment

There really hasn't been any updates to this tablet from iFive since March? I may have to finally find the courage to flash the RileyROM because the 2GB app space just isn't enough :-/ I have RileyROMs on my other PiPO tablets but for some reason I've been so far reluctant to flash this one...

EDIT: I successfully flashed the RR1.1 and now have 4GB of user space ;-) The tablet immediately rebooted after pressing 'Erase IDB' which scared me a bit but flashing went normally without problems.
                Last edited by jsaily; 12-02-2014, 08:10. Reason: update

Comment

The iFive's have that little glitch in erasing IDB...that I haven't figured out...but like you say...the flash goes OK. Good luck with the ROM.

I don't anticipate iFive updating this firmware...they've moved on to other models.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                    The iFive's have that little glitch in erasing IDB...that I haven't figured out...but like you say...the flash goes OK. Good luck with the ROM.

I don't anticipate iFive updating this firmware...they've moved on to other models.
                    Is there anyway of porting cyanogenmod or the lollipop firmware for the Ifive tablets?

Comment

I'm sure someone will do it eventually...but not me.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

2 words: nice rom!!

short feedback:
                        -installing windows driver: fast and easy (seven)
                        - reboot to flash mode with alternate method
                        eraseid gave me a quick reboot, so I start again and flash it without problem. (was connected through usb3)
                        System himself is pretty nice. Had some gapps issue (process crash at first boot then randomly)
                        Twrp is a bit laggy but do the job.. its very important for me to have one!
                        I was able to flash the file:
                        - pa_gapps-modular-pico(uni)-4.4.4-20141214-signed.zip ( http://d-h.st/zeNF ) No more crash
                        - LATEST_MoaAB_ADBlocking_08December2014_R2_CWM

I had to update google service and couple of embedded app (supersu, agenda, etc...)

I switch to ART (dalvik is so '90!)

so far, this rom is working fine.

Small question, how to change location weather on lookscreen?
                        Amazon appstore seems not compatible, do you know how to fix it? I can login, account is ok but nothing on my app/cloud.. (not sure its rom related)

thanks again rrileypm

Comment

thank you

thank you riley just finished using your rom..

Comment

I'm glad you got it going!!!!!!
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Rileypm

Enjoying it right now.. still observing for the behavior of the new rom..

Comment

Hi! The download link is broken! Do You have any alternatives?
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X