Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing T-R42 on Windows 8.1

Hi,

I had problems connecting my T-R42 II to my Windows 8.1 PC. With the help of a mixture of all tutorial on the web, I somehow made it that my PC now detectes the device as "rk31sdk" with its drivers installed from "Rockusb Driver v3.7".
    I can access all file etc via MoboRobot.
    When I press the recovery button and connect the device, its not being detected. In recovery mode it works.
    What never ever works: the RKBatchTool never detects the device, in no mode. I also tried editing the config.ini adding "SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE", no success.
    I'm stuck

Answered in parallel in Wasser's KK Thread

Same with me. I use Linux or WinXP.
    makku
    T-R42 V1.0 - Wasser Firmware 1.03 KitKat

Comment

Originally posted by makku71 View Post
      Same with me. I use Linux or WinXP.
      makku
      how do u do that on linux?

Comment

The only way i got it working on W8.1 is the trick someone posted on XDA where you replace some USB drivers manually.
        As you all may now, Microsoft pushed the new driver stack in Windows 8.1 so ALL (not only USB 3.0) devices must provide a BOS descriptor. Sony ADB and Fastboot doesn't, so Windows fails to enumerate the device which is reported in Device Manager...

The script didn't work all the way through, so i had to replace the files manually too (be sure that the script has created backups).
        The windows update mentioned didn't work either

Comment

Working...
        X