unbric kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unbric kit

Is there a way to create an unbrick kit from a dump from my own device ?

or am I able to use fastboot from the available unbrick kit's and reflash back an original boot image?

I'm just wanting a recovery method before I stuff up a boot loader flash.

Originally posted by professor_jonny View Post
    Is there a way to create an unbrick kit from a dump from my own device ?

or am I able to use fastboot from the available unbrick kit's and reflash back an original boot image?

I'm just wanting a recovery method before I stuff up a boot loader flash.
    First... it would help if you identified which tablet model you have.

Second, it is possible to create one from a dump, but it is not simple process. Look for Christian Troy's post with instructions over at Slatedroid.

If all else fails, I can create a rescue SD card image that can be flashed to an SD Card like I did for the Next8HD8G models.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

My model is a nex712mc

i have just made some changes to my init.rc script and some initial ram disk mods and just want a recovery method just as a backup before I either hard or soft brick it.

This is my info from my build prop I provided a dumps on the forum here in the past of the two devices my kids have.

(link here)

Code:
      ro.product.board=EBM712MCF_5370
      ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
      ro.vendor.name=YFMID
      ro.product.model=EBM712MCF
      ro.product.brand=MID
      ro.product.name=EBM712MCF_5370
      ro.product.device=EBM712MCF_5370
      ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
      ro.product.manufacturer=YIFANG
      ro.build.description=EBM712MCF_5370-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.root.20130819.083559 release-keys
      ro.build.fingerprint=MID/EBM712MCF_5370/EBM712MCF_5370:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.root.20130819.083559:user/release-keys

Comment

My model is a nex712mc

i have just made some changes to my init.rc script and some initial ram disk mods and just want a recovery method just as a backup before I either hard or soft brick it.

This is my info from my build prop I provided a dumps on the forum here in the past of the two devices my kids have.

(link here)

Code:
        ro.product.board=EBM712MCF_5370
        ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
        ro.vendor.name=YFMID
        ro.product.model=EBM712MCF
        ro.product.brand=MID
        ro.product.name=EBM712MCF_5370
        ro.product.device=EBM712MCF_5370
        ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
        ro.product.manufacturer=YIFANG
        ro.build.description=EBM712MCF_5370-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.root.20130819.083559 release-keys
        ro.build.fingerprint=MID/EBM712MCF_5370/EBM712MCF_5370:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.root.20130819.083559:user/release-keys
        I don't recognize this model... do you have a custom recovery for it? You won't be able to successfully flash anything without a custom recovery. You'll want want a recovery that uses the correct kernel for your device also, because the NAND partition map is hard coded in the kernel.

Assuming, you have a compatible recovery, you should always be able to boot a custom recovery from the external SD card, as long as you don't flash a bad bootloader or bad graphic drivers. The only time an unbrick kit is needed is if you screw up the bootloader partition or the graphic drivers.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have dumps but i'm un aware how to create a custom recovery or unbrick kit from them as of yet but I will have a read over at Slatedroid for this info.

You would not happen to have a crc of a kernel image from one of your recovery/unbrick kits to verify with mine?

What files are the drivers for the graphics so I can run a hash check on them also ?

update:

I believe this is the post you mention (here)

where do i get the uboot.bin file from to flash to the mbr and the stock rom ?

it just says get if from the stock rom, and there is not one floating around for my model apart from the dump i have and it is not really a rom but a dump of the flash partitions?.
          Last edited by professor_jonny; 05-03-2014, 08:58.

Comment

I have dumps but i'm un aware how to create a custom recovery or unbrick kit from them as of yet but I will have a read over at Slatedroid for this info.

You would not happen to have a crc of a kernel image from one of your recovery/unbrick kits to verify with mine?

What files are the drivers for the graphics so I can run a hash check on them also ?

I don't have anything for that model.

If you want to upload your rom dump for me, and I can add it to my list of TWRP recoveries to make this weekend.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have two both the same one with a newer build date either would be suitable the boot image is the same for each so they should be interchangable I guess ?

you may have them already as i posted them ages ago in the other thread but you may of missed the closed links here they are:

how do I create my own custom recovery from the dumps I have im happy to try if pointed in the correct direction?

Comment

I have two both the same one with a newer build date either would be suitable the boot image is the same for each so they should be interchangable I guess ?

you may have them already as i posted them ages ago in the other thread but you may of missed the closed links here they are:

how do I create my own custom recovery from the dumps I have im happy to try if pointed in the correct direction?
                I must have missed them, or misplaced the downloads, because they aren't in my collection. I'm downloading them currently.

I build CWM or TWRP from source. I start with Christian Troy's Elf2 source code, which has already been modified to support UBIFS file systems on Amlogic devices. I modify the device source for whichever model I'm working on, then compile it. I then unpack the stock recovery to get the stock kernel and repack CWM / TWRP with the stock kernel.

If you want to do that yourself, you'll have to learn how to setup a unix dev environment for building Android from source and how to unpack / repack the boot / recovery images (it sounds like you already know how to do this part). There are plenty of guides available on the internet for setting up a unix environment to build Android, and you can learn more about working with the Amlogic boot / recovery images over at Slatedroid, but I don't have much free time available, so my time is better spent on development than teaching.

You ROM dumps look good. I'll use the newer one to create a TWRP recovery. I'm planning to release package and release recoveries for nearly a dozen devices this weekend. I'll move yours to the top of the list and send you a link to test it before I release it publicly.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

SD unbrick kit

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                  First... it would help if you identified which tablet model you have.

Second, it is possible to create one from a dump, but it is not simple process. Look for Christian Troy's post with instructions over at Slatedroid.

If all else fails, I can create a rescue SD card image that can be flashed to an SD Card like I did for the Next8HD8G models.

ShaunMT

Hi there is there a SD unbrick kit for the next7P12-8G serial YFG0613070968? It is hard bricked nothing I've tried word only turn a light on in the bottom when charging. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ecjunior View Post
                    Hi there is there a SD unbrick kit for the next7P12-8G serial YFG0613070968? It is hard bricked nothing I've tried word only turn a light on in the bottom when charging. thanks
                    Not yet, but new ROMs for the Next7P12-8G are up next for release. I'll make an unbrick kit for it at the same time.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                    X