Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S89, Miracast help , Samsung S3

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my samsung s3 to miracast to the S89, which in turn then outputs the display to my samsung 4000 smart TV. I've tried this several times but I cannot get this to work. I'm not sure what app I should be running on the S3. I tried to use Settings, Display, Cast option and then enable the miracast on the S89 but nothing is happening.

I'm missing something but I'm not sure what, I new to Miracast and I'm still trying to get my head around it.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Many thanks!

Originally posted by thenecroscope View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to get my samsung s3 to miracast to the S89, which in turn then outputs the display to my samsung 4000 smart TV. I've tried this several times but I cannot get this to work. I'm not sure what app I should be running on the S3. I tried to use Settings, Display, Cast option and then enable the miracast on the S89 but nothing is happening.

I'm missing something but I'm not sure what, I new to Miracast and I'm still trying to get my head around it.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Many thanks!
    I can confirm that screen mirroring working with s4 with omega custom rom kitkat and mk802iv.before it was not working with Samsung stock rom on s4.i can't tell if you install omega rom on s3 it will work.have u got screen mirroring application on setting in s3 ? Did you on wifi display app on s89 and connected together?

Comment

Thanks for the response

I'm using cynogenmod 11, I've not installed any additional apps, i just open the miracast app on the latest firmware from tronsmart and then goto settings, display and cast on my s3 and nothing happens. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong or if its a problem with either device

I might give omega a try

Comment

Thanks for the response

I'm using cynogenmod 11, I've not installed any additional apps, i just open the miracast app on the latest firmware from tronsmart and then goto settings, display and cast on my s3 and nothing happens. I'm not sure if im doing something wrong or if its a problem with either device

I might give omega a try
        Giv omega a try it got screen mirroring in setting.let me know

Comment

Thanks for the response

I might give omega a try
          Maybe i can answer the question, it should be the problem of HDCP.

the vega S89 don't support hdcp, so samsung s3 can't do the miracast.

they have special device which can support samsung s3 miracast. try this tronsmart t1000
          China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart T1000 Mirror2TV Wireless Display HDMI Adapter Dongle Support Miracast/DLNA/EZCAST/AirPlay online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Eric
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Thanks Eric for your response. I tried Omnirom prior reading your post. This has fixed some other issues though but I was still not able to miracast as you say. The miracast is not that important to me I was just trying to get to the bottom of the issue that;s all. I now know this is not possible.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X