Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for anyone who has had to reset their S89 periodically after long periods on standby, it seems there is a solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for anyone who has had to reset their S89 periodically after long periods on standby, it seems there is a solution...

i had this problem for a while
    couldnt figure out what was causing it

seems like, as long as i shut down XBMC before putting the unit on standby, i no longer have this issue
    not sure why
    not that it always did it if I hadnt closed XBMC in the past, but it did it enough to be annoying...

i am on 8+ days now without having to reset the unit

just thought id mention these results...good luck

Originally posted by joemamasan View Post

seems like, as long as i shut down XBMC before putting the unit on standby, i no longer have this issue
    not sure why
    not that it always did it if I hadnt closed XBMC in the past, but it did it enough to be annoying...

mmm.. good observation.
    Is this with Gatham RC1. I don't seem to have this problem with rc1. I was bitching about the same problem recently.
    The other thing I noticed (pre rc1 - not sure if this is still prob with rc1) is that the fan art slideshow screensaver for XBMC also hung up after a while and trying to wake it. I could recover it by going back to android home screen by pressing home button and then back to XBMC (2x). The first time a re-enter XBMC it just have a green screen - back to home and then back to XBMC reloads XBMC and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by joemamasan View Post

not sure why

I read another solution in this forum for this kind of problem:
      Download DeepSleep Battery Saver, select Balanced, and you're good to go .
      It will wake up the device every hour for 1 minute. So deep sleep is not causing any more troubles even if you left XBMC open.

Comment

nice responces

Lokie: this is just the latest Gotham nightly from XBMC updater app

eM82: sounds interesting, thanks for infos

Comment

On the post "Why cant I power on the S82 and s89 box with the controller" The latest solution is...

******Originally Posted by******Batfink32******

OK, I found it on my phone. You need to go into "about tablet" then press on "build number" 7 times. You should see a notification saying "developer options unlocked"

Come out of the settings then reboot. Go back to the settings and there should now be a 'developer options " setting. Go in there and there is an option for "screen will never sleep whilst charging" The screen will stay on all the time and never turn off now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          I have tested this method and it has been working for me and some friends without any problems! It's better than using Battery Saver. No need to waste memory running the app in the background!

Comment

Originally posted by antoniovidaljr View Post
            On the post "Why cant I power on the S82 and s89 box with the controller" The latest solution is...

I have tested this method and it has been working for me and some friends without any problems! It's better than using Battery Saver. No need to waste memory running the app in the background!

good find have to test it on m8 square

JustMe
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by antoniovidaljr View Post

yes this seems to work so far...thanks for the infos

Comment

Working...
              X