Best/Less problematic android stick/tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best/Less problematic android stick/tv

Hey guys, i want to buy a stick but ive been reading and see that most of there devices have wifi or vídeo playback issues, so i ask you, what is the best choise between $60~80? Ive been reading about mk888 and mk908ii, are they good?

thanks

MK908II

I've only owned the Tronsmart MK908II and I very much like it. I haven't has any wi-fi problems, near or far from my router. I did however have some issues streaming 1080p video from my PC. I bought it primarily to stream video and the best software as far as video playback goes is Archos Video Player. I think it was $5 on the Play Store but it was well worth it. It plays everything I throw at it (after installing the Archos codec pack, available for free on Play) smoothly and allows me to skip around without losing sync or stuttering.

Also, the full-sized USB port has enough juice to power a 2.5" external USB HDD.

Had I wanted to spend more money I would have probably gone for an Android Box with external antenna rather than the stick, but I was buying on a budget.

PS. Everything works great with the stock rom. Performance improved when I flashed it with the Finless 1.6 rom but I lost the ability to use audio passthrough. I hook through an AVR so it's a waste not to have that and to output as stereo only. The passthrough options are still visible in the settings, they just don't work. Needless to say, I'll be flashing back to stock so I get that feature back, at least until it's fixed in the Finless rom.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X