Beelink M8 / S82 vs M8 Box (square)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    2 different circuits and 2 different blueprints just because its missing those caps the m8 may not need them due to more stable circuits block and less spikes and attenuation.

Sorry mate get more concrete evidence

JustMe
    I did not imply the one is inferiror to the other at all...
    I aggree with you that they are two different circuits so you cannot say there is a problem without taking it through its paces (after a month or so). My only complaint would be ESD as I have lost many USB ports because of ESD so would be carefull with the mbox plugging & unplugging USB devices...

Comment

2 different circuits and 2 different blueprints just because its missing those caps the m8 may not need them due to more stable circuits block and less spikes and attenuation.

as you said the key words "if it was available" now that seller have them and the m8 becoming more readly available all the assumption are being posted

Sorry mate get more concrete evidence

JustMe
      The problem is, the lack on ESD is not a good thing. Manufacturer MUST include those parts. There are "holes" ready. If they do this all of us will
      Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
        The problem is, the lack on ESD is not a good thing. Manufacturer MUST include those parts. There are "holes" ready. If they do this all of us will
        Guy's I have said what I have though and still stand on my what I think even thought.

I have even plug and unplug my mouse 50 times how from usb port and it working fine

I think the circuit that leads to the usb port etc is more stable and has less spikes and does not need caps as they are placed and repositioned else where

JustMe
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

This is a good article from Maxim Integrated website (who bouhgt Dallas), written by Bill Laumeister (who is ingeneer, not like me) and talks about "Foolhardy placebos" and the "Laws of physics":

We have heard many excuses about why it is not necessary to take proper precautions:
          1. "I don't believe in all that hocus pocus (i.e., sleight of hand)."
          2. "I am an engineer, have been doing this years without problems."
          3. "The humidity is high here."
          4. "We already built ESD protection into the printed circuit board (PCB)."
          5. "All ICs have built-in ESD protection."
          6. "Statistically the odds are that nothing will happen."

This application note exposes the folly of this misguided thinking and suggests practical ways to protect electronic systems.

A good read for those who want understand more about EOS/ESD protection. The lack of protection is one of the biggest reason why lots of chinese products are DOA.

Comment

Guy's I have said what I have though and still stand on my what I think even thought.

I have even plug and unplug my mouse 50 times how from usb port and it working fine

I think the circuit that leads to the usb port etc is more stable and has less spikes and does not need caps as they are placed and repositioned else where

JustMe
            The ESD damage is not instant (sometimes it is though). It happens over time - sometimes years even. It causes systematic degration/errosion of silicon (CPU) every time a ESD spyke effects. You will notice arratic USB port behaviour as the silicon erodes until it fails catastophically one day.
            (I'm a electronic engineer for 20 years now btw. I would never EVER design without ESD protection - especialy since I do avianoics).

Don't worry too much about it though as by the time your USB ports start to fail (and they WILL I promise) the box is outdated. But I say again - be carefull with the USB ports. Minimsing plugging/unplugging devices will give you many months of good USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
              The ESD damage is not instant (sometimes it is though). It happens over time - sometimes years even. It causes systematic degration/errosion of silicon (CPU) every time a ESD spyke effects. You will notice arratic USB port behaviour as the silicon erodes until it fails catastophically one day.
              (I'm a electronic engineer for 20 years now btw. I would never EVER design without ESD protection - especialy since I do avianoics).

Don't worry too much about it though as by the time your USB ports start to fail (and they WILL I promise) the box is outdated. But I say again - be carefull with the USB ports. Minimsing plugging/unplugging devices will give you many months of good USB.
              I appreciate what you are saying but you have no evidence to support there is no esd protection just because the capictors are missing from that spot they can be located else where on the tracks and from what you can see there is alot more compenents on teh m8 than the s82.

the capacitors don't always need to be next to the ports if some going to post comparison report then they need to compare apples to apples.

and even as you say if my box dies after 1 to 2 years who cares there is new technology the boxes aren't very expensive to start of with compared to the entertaianment you will get and your family from it.

so I still stand by my saying javamental needs to take his misleading compasrison report off as he has no evidence to support his claim

I'm not taking anyones side but as i said all I can see is beelink / s89 sellers trying to flog there stock off and it quite obvious. and trying to get rid of sample developer boards before the mass production with new boards with hardware modification fixed and firmare updates.

and as 20 year engineer you should know better than that

JustMe

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

This is a good article from Maxim Integrated website (who bouhgt Dallas), written by Bill Laumeister (who is ingeneer, not like me) and talks about "Foolhardy placebos" and the "Laws of physics":

We have heard many excuses about why it is not necessary to take proper precautions:
                1. "I don't believe in all that hocus pocus (i.e., sleight of hand)."
                2. "I am an engineer, have been doing this years without problems."
                3. "The humidity is high here."
                4. "We already built ESD protection into the printed circuit board (PCB)."
                5. "All ICs have built-in ESD protection."
                6. "Statistically the odds are that nothing will happen."

This application note exposes the folly of this misguided thinking and suggests practical ways to protect electronic systems.

A good read for those who want understand more about EOS/ESD protection. The lack of protection is one of the biggest reason why lots of chinese products are DOA.
                I can also post wiki urls and do fancy write up with fancy pictures with circles

Please prove there is no esd protection with proper evidence you have not shuld evidence to support your claim as said are you engineer do you have blueprints of m8 to support there is not esd

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

+1 they should install missing parts ! Whats the cost of those parts?

Comment

I appreciate what you are saying but you have no evidence to support there is no esd protection just because the capictors are missing from that spot they can be located else where on the tracks and from what you can see there is alot more compenents on teh m8 than the s82.

the capacitors don't always need to be next to the ports if some going to post comparison report then they need to compare apples to apples.

and even as you say if my box dies after 1 to 2 years who cares there is new technology the boxes aren't very expensive to start of with compared to the entertaianment you will get and your family from it.

so I still stand by my saying javamental needs to take his misleading compasrison report off as he has no evidence to support his claim.

I'm not taking anyones side but as i said all I can see is beelink / s89 sellers trying to flog there stock off and it quite obvious. and trying to get rid of sample developer boards before the mass production with new boards with hardware modification fixed and firmare updates.

and as 20 year engineer you should know better than that

JustMe
                    I really don't want to rant on this point...
                    First of all, capacitors have nothing to do with ESD. They are there to stabilize voltages. It equates to better ability to supply stable voltage to components and hence possibly better stabilty operationally. So if want the truth, yes the m8 beelink has better supply design. The more caps the better - always. Does it matter in this case? Time will tell or someone can put a scope on and prove its ok/wrong.
                    Regarding the supply/caps you right, nothing is proven yet and might never be.

Second...
                    ESD protection comes from using trancient suppressors which were shown on the pics to be designed in but not populated to save costs obviously. Thats bad judgment because so many (not all) will sporadcally loose USB ports in time... All for few cents saving tp manufacturer... Bad!

Thirdly...
                    I understand that you as seller? Want to protect your investment to sell your boxes. But thats why we have these forums to protect prospected buyers from !bad! Judgement decisions taken by factories and think they can get away from it without people noticing. Sorry this is
                    Unacceptable and they should be punished and be exposed for this mistake so that it never happens again.

There are some facts here. Its not all unsubstantiated like you keep saying. Whether it matters to the buyer is for them to choose. For people pointing out bad things, i applaud you. This is the only way we will get quality as this QC only realy comes from users of the device in this type of consumer market.

Comment

JustMe
                      As I don't need to hide who I am and what I do, as posted before:

1. We are selling Beelink M8, S82 (round neutral version) and also the square M8
                      2. It's known there is not stock of Beelink M8 and S82 from some days ago and we're waiting for factory to re-stock. So we don't need "flog the stock", we need MORE.

How many "developer boards" a new product needs? Because I have a new RK3288 "development board" here (correct name must be "first testing board") and as I know just 5 pieces was made for this, that is enough. Next version will be same and again like that until a stable board is finished and a mass production can be made.

By the way, I did not share any wikipedia link, but a good article from a good and reputed factory. I can recommend some good sensors from Maxim and their 1-wire technology (designed by dallas before).

Comment

Wait, wait, maybe can disassemble the box, find an UART enabled for debugging, connect through an "USB to RS232" to the PC and use the console...
                        Maybe a misunderstanding?
                        I never said, that the square one maybe don't have UART (at the round one I'm sure)
                        Of cause you can do something with UART...
                        But I don't think that
                        1. you can do special thinks like you can do with ADB
                        2. normal user is able to use UART
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

At another thread I also explain that the metal plate at the top of the house at the square one could be like a shield crossing the radio-waves of the antenna, and I don't think so too, that the BT chip under the PCB (not at top of it) maybe isn't the best idea too...

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                          Both Boxes Has the same Wifi Antenna ...
                          As I wrote above not really (the round one has different ones), but if they are the same as at 2.4GHz devices, maybe it explains, why
                          5ghz is poor but 2.4ghz works great and from what I can see 5ghz been fixed on 30th April release
                          and will never be fixed, because 2.4GHz needs one type of antenna and 5GHz needs another type of antenna. Dualband antenna are always only a compromise to get the best 'power' as possible at both frequenzes.
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            At another thread I also explain that the metal plate at the top of the house at the square one could be like a shield crossing the radio-waves of the antenna, and I don't think so too, that the BT chip under the PCB (not at top of it) maybe isn't the best idea too...

As I wrote above not really (the round one has different ones), but if they are the same as at 2.4GHz devices, maybe it explains, why

and will never be fixed, because 2.4GHz needs one type of antenna and 5GHz needs another type of antenna. Dualband antenna are always only a compromise to get the best 'power' as possible at both frequenzes.
                            that metal plate for cpu cooling located at bottom of the casing,

Motherboard is fitted upside-down to the case so BT&wifi chip on top of the box

Antenna is same like M6 boxes so its proven on 2.4ghz no signal problem at all but not sure about 5ghz ...

Comment

To use an external antenna you need something like this

but, because no socket for IPX-Plug (male) (also know as U.FL-Plug) at the PCB, you have to solder it...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                To use an external antenna you need something like this

but, because no socket for IPX-Plug (male) (also know as U.FL-Plug) at the PCB, you have to solder it...
                                http://www.cnx-software.com/wp-conte...ttom_large.jpg

External antenna is the best option like Minix Boxes but We don't really need it on both s89 and Square boxes...

Signal level is very strong as it is

Interestingly Im having some issues with ultra high signal level right next to the Router moving the box away helps

Comment

Working...
                                X