dark video, wrong gamma ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently purchased an android tv box (rk3188) to upgrade from my wdtv live and noticed the picture is quite different. Dark areas are rendered too dark and missing in detail. I really don't know how to properly explain it, it's as if there is a wrong gamma or the color range is compressed. Like going from a CRT monitor to an LCD... Has anyone else noticed this ? Is there a way to fix it ?

Hi, you will probably need to calibrate any new player as vendors differ and so do gamma and color spectrum. You can use this free tool to do so by using the mp4 file to calibrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello, thanks for the link, from a quick look it seems like a really useful calibration suite!
      I couldn't find a utility on google store however that allows you to adjust gamma etc .. maybe you can recommend one ? Cheers

Comment

I have never used or seen an app on Google Play store that could do this. Best is to use the provided MP4 file and calibrate on your internal video player or XBMC when playing the file, depending on what you watch on. I use a few others for my other devices but that's on bluray.

Comment

What's the video quality?

Comment

Originally posted by SeSachee View Post
            What's the video quality?
            Of the MP4?

Comment

Working...
            X