Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External USB keep working even when X7 is in sleep mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External USB keep working even when X7 is in sleep mode.

Hello,

I noticed that even when mt Minix is on sleep (the blue light is flashing), My external USB drive keeps on turning. I touch it and it is working.

I think it should not work all the time... It probably reduces it's life..

Any suggestions?

regards,

Id

Originally posted by ididid View Post
    Hello,

I noticed that even when mt Minix is on sleep (the blue light is flashing), My external USB drive keeps on turning. I touch it and it is working.

I think it should not work all the time... It probably reduces it's life..

Any suggestions?

regards,

Id
    when you set your box in sleep mode the power still leeds to your external USB drive excepting you turn it off

Comment

Originally posted by hunghongls View Post
      when you set your box in sleep mode the power still leeds to your external USB drive excepting you turn it off
      But when my external USB is connected to the TV it does not work if I'm not setting the TV to strimer mode.

You say I must shut it down?

Comment

Originally posted by ididid View Post
        But when my external USB is connected to the TV it does not work if I'm not setting the TV to strimer mode.

You say I must shut it down?
        I think Tv is different from your tvbox. they have a chip managing the power to the extended storage. when you turn to use the function of usb storage from your tv then the chip lead the power to your usb and it works.

Comment

I don't think the X7 really sleeps as we know it on a tablet or phone. I think it just cuts the video output.

Comment

Re: External USB keep working even when X7 is in sleep mode.

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
            I don't think the X7 really sleeps as we know it on a tablet or phone. I think it just cuts the video output.
            It definitely does go into some sort of sleep mode, with a power meter connected to the PSU, when on, just idle desktop, it draws 2-3 watts with a 500gb 2.5" ext hard drive connected.
            When its in sleep/ standby with the blue led flashing, its only drawing a mere 0.5 watts.

Sent from my Sony Tablet Z, using Tapatalk

Comment

It's pretty much a industry standard to leave the USB ports on while in sleep mode... One reason ( and there are several ) is so that the kb/mice can wake up the device, if they were off they wouldn't be able to get a wake/power on command from them.

Comment

I suggest to freeze the "media storage" system app. This app is always search for new media inside sd cards and usb.
                When you freeze this app the cards, usbs and hdds will work only if need. Forgive my english.

Comment

Working...
                X