Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multichannel AAC on S802 - does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multichannel AAC on S802 - does it work?

I have ordered a couple of vegas and are on their way. I see that XBMC final gotham plays movies with Dolby (AC3) and DTS just fine. What about movies that have mutichannel AAC? There is an option in XBMC that enables transcoding from AAC to Dolby Digital that is passed to the optical output for amplifiers. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Originally posted by vprasinos View Post
    I have ordered a couple of vegas and are on their way. I see that XBMC final gotham plays movies with Dolby (AC3) and DTS just fine. What about movies that have mutichannel AAC? There is an option in XBMC that enables transcoding from AAC to Dolby Digital that is passed to the optical output for amplifiers. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
    Interesting,I never heard about that before..

Can you share me the movie?
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

All new movies that can be downloaded from known sources (eg p*rat****) are shared in multichannel aac. Takes less space and quality is the same. It is actually becoming quite common in recent releases. Go to p*rat**** and make a search for eg. 720p x264 aac. You'll get a lot of results with 6 channel aac.
      This has to be converted to dolby digital for the amps to understand as there is no amp that does aac decoding. You can download a few (or the ones I have below) and let me know if the audio gets automatically downmixed to stereo or if enabling transcoding works acceptably... (many slower devices running xbmc like the raspberry pi cannot do this efficiently)

Examples to try: this or this

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by vprasinos; 05-17-2014, 09:02.

Comment

I am having the same problem. AAC 5.1 files are played in 2.0. I have read on the XBMC forum that XBMC should do the transcoding from AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1. One poster on that forum stated that XBMC Gotham has a "Enable Transcoding to AC3" (or something close to that) setting just under the "AC3 Capable Receiver" setting. There is no such setting on my setup. (With 'Expert' selected) I am not sure if the XBMC that Geekbuying provided with the Vega S89 is a "standard" Gotham.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
          I am having the same problem. AAC 5.1 files are played in 2.0. I have read on the XBMC forum that XBMC should do the transcoding from AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1. One poster on that forum stated that XBMC Gotham has a "Enable Transcoding to AC3" (or something close to that) setting just under the "AC3 Capable Receiver" setting. There is no such setting on my setup. (With 'Expert' selected) I am not sure if the XBMC that Geekbuying provided with the Vega S89 is a "standard" Gotham.
          This option to transcode to AC3 exists at least in XBMC 14.0+ nightlies...

Comment

if so,why not try mine..

来自我的 GT-I9300 上的 Tapatalk
            Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post
              This option to transcode to AC3 exists at least in XBMC 14.0+ nightlies...
              Thanks for the response. The XBMC provided by Geekbuying needs root access to sort some of the problems and I was not sure if it was modified specifically for the s89, that is why I was hesitant to try any other. Have you tried 14.0+ on a s89?

Comment

Thanks for the response. The XBMC provided by Geekbuying needs root access to sort some of the problems and I was not sure if it was modified specifically for the s89, that is why I was hesitant to try any other. Have you tried 14.0+ on a s89?
                Yes, I'm always trying to use latest Nightly, I encountered no problems for now but I'm almost sure root is also needed to prevent potential A/V sync issues (I'm rooted and I see no reason not to be)

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                  if so,why not try mine..

来自我的 GT-I9300 上的 Tapatalk
                  Thanks Oman, I will give it a go.

Comment

oman's version
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yes, I'm always trying to use latest Nightly, I encountered no problems for now but I'm almost sure root is also needed to prevent potential A/V sync issues (I'm rooted and I see no reason not to be)
                      Great, will try 14.0+ too

PS WOW, this must be the most active forum for any android device.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post

Got it - thanks!

Comment

Just tried the latest 14.0+ nightly and it is good! The secret is to set the number of channels to 2.0. As soon as it is set > 2.0 the option to transcode goes away and only 2.0 is output - kind of counter intuitive but it works! Thanks again zoelechat. Getting SS on my speakers from DTS 5.1, DD 5.1 and AAC 5.1 sources - XMBC goal accomplished.

Comment

The secret is to set the number of channels to 2.0. As soon as it is set > 2.0 the option to transcode goes away and only 2.0 is output - kind of counter intuitive but it works!
                            You're right, I didn't notice that, so I see transcode option is also available in xbmc 13.0
                            (stable ARM Gotham version I'm using now, not specifically Tronsmart one)

Comment

Working...
                            X