Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THL W200S - will no longer boot. Reset not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THL W200S - will no longer boot. Reset not working.

Bought new from the THL store, as soon as it was released. Very happy with it. Reflashed with the original ROM (from the onboard SD0), three times. Have not installed any third-party ROMS, nor any unauthorized apps (Playstore apps only). This phone is very easily, quickly and safely ROOTED by any of two easily found Windows programs.

Before each ROM reflash, I exhaust any latent charges or memory in the phone, by pressing the reset keys, etc - but without any external power, without any battery.

After each ROM flash it is easy to re-install the backups, using the original THL app. I have 400+ apps to restore. Restore is done, about 150 apps at a time. The last (4th) FLASH-RESTORE failed. Now the phone refuses to do anything, except seemingly reflash with the original ROM.

The phone has two "reset" buttons on the back, under the rear cover? - above & left of the rear-camera, and on the left edge of the battery chamber. Holding either of these buttons down for ten seconds - nothing new happens. My phone stays stuck.

Anything else? Or should I return it to the supplier?

To non-owners: this phone has OTA-ROM updates. (over the air). Mine was uptodate. Antutu showed that it now had two 13 megapixel cameras; both are autofocus, auto-exposure and auto-macro.

My newish Iocean X7a has the same problem as this THL W200S. But it will not allow any resset control at all. MyIocean was supplied ROOTED by the dealer. I'll list that problem in another thread here.

Are you flashing using spflashtool?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
    X