Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

102k4 standard and elite firmware up on geekbuying---firmware

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...ifi-all-fixed/
    Last edited by JDfense; 01-01-2016, 19:48.
    @µ$ł!Ω

if someone can read Chinese or figure out which "symbols" to click on the download page then instructions would be nice
    @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Re: 102k4 standard and elite firmware up on geekbuying

Originally posted by Nowandlayda View Post
      if someone can read Chinese or figure out which "symbols" to click on the download page then instructions would be nice
      Thanks for the news.
      Use chrome next time and it will translate it for you.
      Click the grey arrow..

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

and thank you for the translated page
        @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

NO need to translate, we have mirror the file to mediafire, check again,and get faster download speed.

Eric
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Eric, can we get a zip instead of a .img file. i would do it but my friends are litterally saying "i do" right now and i cancelled the slow dl .img file from earlier (also working long hours next few days). also is the kernal updated (utilizing all 4 cores)?
            @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Nowandlayda View Post
              Eric, can we get a zip instead of a .img file. i would do it but my friends are litterally saying "i do" right now and i cancelled the slow dl .img file from earlier (also working long hours next few days). also is the kernal updated (utilizing all 4 cores)?
              I just flashed the. Img file so I will update if my box limits itself at 698mhz like it did with 101k4. Gonna set it up now
              Also, I don't think Eric does the zips but finless Bob the "rom man" for our boxes will most likely be making a flammable zip very soon

update: i fresh flashed and my clocks were not limited to 698mhz.
              but they are locked at 1200mhz which is so weird. not the 1600 im used to when the box runs super fast. and 1900 would be very nice.. as thats what is advertised.. *wink*wink nudge*nudge* anyway..
              only 2 cores are active it seems as well in my case clocked @1200mhz.
              but its not 698mhz so im happy with the new firmware. maybe bobs version will have my "locked at 1200" issue ironed out. idk
              but its time to pull out TiBu and set up

Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 05-18-2014, 11:09.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
                I just flashed the. Img file so I will update if my box limits itself at 698mhz like it did with 101k4. Gonna set it up now
                Also, I don't think Eric does the zips but finless Bob the "rom man" for our boxes will most likely be making a flammable zip very soon

but they are locked at 1200mhz which is so weird. not the 1600 im used to when the box runs super fast. and 1900 would be very nice.. as thats what is advertised.. *wink*wink nudge*nudge* anyway..
                but its not 698mhz so im happy with the new firmware. maybe bobs version will have my "locked at 1200" issue ironed out. idk

This kind of behaviour about the kernel locking to lower frequencies is related to the thermal throttleing.
                If you cool the unit down (opeing the case and putting a fan on for instance) you'll see the frequency go to normal (1.6GHz at this stage).
                Thats why they limit the freq to 1.6GZ - it starts to lockup at 2GHz with high ambient temperatures.

EDIT :
                The beelink firmware raise the throtteling to lower frequencies form 60degC to 70degC. Thats why there is such good antutu scores. There are reports of poeple getting lockups in untutu testing with beelink - well thats the reason. If they then cool off the CPU it passes the antutu tests - whcih prooves the point

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                  This kind of behaviour about the kernel locking to lower frequencies is related to the thermal throttleing.
                  If you cool the unit down (opeing the case and putting a fan on for instance) you'll see the frequency go to normal (1.6GHz at this stage).
                  Thats why they limit the freq to 1.6GZ - it starts to lockup at 2GHz with high ambient temperatures.

EDIT :
                  The beelink firmware raise the throtteling to lower frequencies form 60degC to 70degC. Thats why there is such good antutu scores. There are reports of poeple getting lockups in untutu testing with beelink - well thats the reason. If they then cool off the CPU it passes the antutu tests - whcih prooves the point
                  Time for case modding?
                  EDIT:
                  http://www.****.de/itm/Neu-5V-2510S-...item46150bacba ???
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post

EDIT :
                    aha, i see. now that makes sense now. good luck on your kernel endeavours too lokie
                    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    oh boy, new project for our vegas

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      Sorry for the off topic, but do you still recommend that ipazzport air mouse that's posted in your Sig? That looks really neat but I've never used those air mouse remotes. I'm not sure about accuracy/ease of use. I've looked at a couple but don't know which one to try out for my first air mouse

Comment

I'm pretty much stuck like this. Doesn't look like throttle, if the cores are maxed out like so. Defeats the purpose of cooling off this way. It actually makes the device pause and struggle while running like this.
                        I have the Vega on a metal table with many holes in the table like lawn furniture , and a fan attached under table pointing at the Vega cooling it off substantially.
                        This is flash number 2. 102k4
                        I've never seen any android run like this lol. Unless it's a dual core on performance gov..

And this is how I run on 101k4 kernel.
                        696mhz all day..

Comment

Sorry for the off topic, but do you still recommend that ipazzport air mouse that's posted in your Sig? That looks really neat but I've never used those air mouse remotes. I'm not sure about accuracy/ease of use. I've looked at a couple but don't know which one to try out for my first air mouse
                          It's difficult to answer for others...

But I really love it because of:
                          - Ir learning function (switch HDMI port and zoom in/out at TV because otherwise only use the SAT-receiver IR)
                          - switch gyro mouse at keyboard to horizontal/vertical use
                          - switch gyro mouse on/off
                          - backlighting on/off

At my rk3188 (JB) also works [home] (FN+F8), [return] (FN+F9) and [menu] (FN+7)

At XBMC
                          - [space] for pause
                          - vol up/down

Every other thinks I'm handling via GUI...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I think this is because of either no heatsink or poor thermal conductivity between the heatsink and the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post
                              I think this is because of either no heatsink or poor thermal conductivity between the heatsink and the chip.
                              Yeah, 176°F (75°C) seems very hot for 2 cores@1200Mhz, mine is only 65°C after ~1hour burn on 4 cores@1992Ghz. Surely CPU throttles...

Comment

Working...
                              X