SPDIF Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPDIF Output

Could someone please confirm that the M8's digital output takes a standard TOSlink (optical) cable? Or is this box like the old MX 2 and the SPDIF output actually needs a coaxial cable? If the latter, any special type?

I'm not having any luck getting sound from mine..

SPDIF Output

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
    Could someone please confirm that the M8's digital output takes a standard TOSlink (optical) cable? Or is this box like the old MX 2 and the SPDIF output actually needs a coaxial cable? If the latter, any special type?

I'm not having any luck getting sound from mine..
    I use spdif out through a stadard toslink. Couple of notes, I had to enable digital output through spdif (as opposed to hdmi) in the settings, and the optical connector is a little loose, I have a monster thx optical cable and a belkin one, and both I need to press them towards the box, as the female connector is not locking it into place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Very Helpful

Originally posted by Carccaussa View Post
      I use spdif out through a stadard toslink. Couple of notes, I had to enable digital output through spdif (as opposed to hdmi) in the settings, and the optical connector is a little loose, I have a monster thx optical cable and a belkin one, and both I need to press them towards the box, as the female connector is not locking it into place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Thank you. Will check my settings and connection.

Comment

@Carccaussa

That did it. Changed the settings to SPDIF pass-through and used a different cable. Thanks again.

Comment

SPDIF Output

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
          That did it. Changed the settings to SPDIF pass-through and used a different cable. Thanks again.
          You're welcome, glad it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X