Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overwhelmed - Best option for X7 with XBMC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelmed - Best option for X7 with XBMC?

Before I get flamed here for not reading before posting, I want everyone to know I did read pages and pages of posts and looked at the spreadsheet splitting up the different options for each rom and the pro's/con's etc but it is all quite over whelming since I just got into this stuff very recently.

I read a whole bunch of information, but basically I am just looking for a really stable rom that does 1080P and runs xbmc awsome. Will be used for icechannel tv and mkv's off a NAS with simple stereo 2.0.

Can anyone recommend the best rom for this? I am finding the recent official Minix with XBMC beta quite good, but I do want 1080P and a lighter/faster rom if possible.

Suggestions or can anyone point me to someting that would really help? I am guessing there are tons of people who know this stuff inside and out and have tried every rom so hopefully someone knows, but if not I'll start trying each rom myself etc.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by keenana View Post
    Before I get flamed here for not reading before posting, I want everyone to know I did read pages and pages of posts and looked at the spreadsheet splitting up the different options for each rom and the pro's/con's etc but it is all quite over whelming since I just got into this stuff very recently.

I read a whole bunch of information, but basically I am just looking for a really stable rom that does 1080P and runs xbmc awsome. Will be used for icechannel tv and mkv's off a NAS with simple stereo 2.0.

Can anyone recommend the best rom for this? I am finding the recent official Minix with XBMC beta quite good, but I do want 1080P and a lighter/faster rom if possible.

Suggestions or can anyone point me to someting that would really help? I am guessing there are tons of people who know this stuff inside and out and have tried every rom so hopefully someone knows, but if not I'll start trying each rom myself etc.

Thanks in advance!
    short answer -> there is no GOOD rom ;D
    do youu want jellybean and stable rom or kitkat and new features,fast rom,but not 100% stable?
    you can ask us "which car is the best?"
    ^^
    same answer heheh
    try these 3 -> wassers kitkat,quickshot v3,hardwareguru
    then you have to decide which one fits you best.
    thats it ;D

Comment

Even though i dont reply to such threads much, dermuggi is quite right when it comes to the order.

Those 3 ROMs have reported to be the most stable and have the happiest users.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I will try those ones out and see what they are like. For me the Android version means nothing as long as it's fast and stable as I will be auto booting into XBMC and that is the 1 and only thing it will be used for.

Comment

Originally posted by keenana View Post
          Thanks for the feedback, I will try those ones out and see what they are like. For me the Android version means nothing as long as it's fast and stable as I will be auto booting into XBMC and that is the 1 and only thing it will be used for.
          if its xbmc u r looking 4
          then --->>>> http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...re-for-x7-quot

the best u can get ;D
          its ALL about xbmc there in this rom and its very smooth.
          give it a try

Comment

Alright perfect, I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks again!

Comment

Quickshot V3 with Official XBMC V13.0.1, only rom I have tried without one problem or another. And I have pretty much tried them all in the past.

Very stable and everything I have tried so far has worked as I would expect. First time I have felt my X7 could actually do what it advertised.

Steve

Comment

Try stock v10 rom by MINIX first, you might be impressed.

Comment

Working...
                X