Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilt sensor not working with my Polaroid PTAB7XC

Tilt sensor not working with my Polaroid PTAB7XC ICS 4.0.3

The hardware sensor on my PTAB7XC obviously works, since the tablet responds to switching orientation. But I've found two games in which the sensor does not work or respond. So far, the only working game is Raging Thunder. I thought I read in one of the other threads where someone loaded a modified rom and got the tilt to work in more games.

I sent an email to Southern Telecom via their support page and reported the issue of the tilt sensor (g-sensor) not working for Temple Run. I requested for an fix or update to the firmware to correct this issue. Their email is [email protected].

Surprisingly, they were pretty quick at responding to my request. Unfortunately, they brushed it off as being a single case issue for "one" game, and didn't want to take up on the issue. I reported back that I also found F18 Carrier Landing does not work, which interestingly shows in my Play store as being compatible with the device. I plan on testing the aTilt Labyrinth game when I get home.

If anyone else here has found other games or apps that have problems with the sensor in this or other similar Polaroid tablets, please submit a request to them to fix the issue. I think the more people who request for a fix, the more hope we will have at getting a firmware update from them.
    Last edited by root; 07-06-2012, 04:13. Reason: updated post to reflect PTAB7XC runs ICS, not GB

I've played temple run but haven't got to a point where I need to tilt, pathetic I know. Downloaded from Amazon appstore, swipe to move.
    Do you you need to tilt the tab forward and back to slide and jump? This might require a 3 axis sensor and I think the polaroids only have 2 axis (side to side) . Don't remember the post I saw that in -probably an unrelated internal thread.

How did you get the play store? The methods on this site spoof google into thinking the polaroid is another device, I've got an older pmidc don't know if your model came with it.

I tried the game wisp and tilt works on that.
    incidentally, how did you embed the link into the word here? I've been cutting and pasting and jumping between windows!

Sorry, that should be 1 and 2 axis, got confused with other post that mentioned 2d and 3d, 3axis would give you rotation left and right on a vertical axis as well, pitch and yaw?
    Last edited by matt; 07-06-2012, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
      I've played temple run but haven't got to a point where I need to tilt, pathetic I know. Downloaded from Amazon appstore, swipe to move.
      Do you you need to tilt the tab forward and back to slide and jump? This might require a 3 axis sensor and I think the polaroids only have 2 axis (side to side) . Don't remember the post I saw that in -probably an unrelated internal thread.

How did you get the play store? The methods on this site spoof google into thinking the polaroid is another device, I've got an older pmidc don't know if your model came with it.
      Temple Run requires tilting to lean your player left or right to pick up coins. If you go through the tutorial, it guides you to swipe left/right, jump/slide, and then tilting your player to pick up coins. Without tilt, the player stays centered on the walk way and cannot run towards the left or right of the center line.

To get Play working, I followed this thread and used LiquidLimex's fix, see this post for the download link. My tablet is a Kohl's Polaroid PTAB7XC.

To link URLS in your post, use the editor icon globe with a chain link to embed the url.

Comment

cool

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my pitiful attempts at humor, I write train of thought and don't edit enough.

The version of temple run I downloaded from Amazon appstore is 1.0.3 and I just played it and tilt works on alternate setting on the pmid701c! Gingerbread stock.

The app was free. Try it. It could be an issue with ICS not being supported yet, if 1.0.3 doesn't work look for update maybe on developers site.

Just tried a search on tilt and got 6 new hits on polaroid section.temple run got one somewhere in herehttp://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ght=temple+run

Let's see if that worked. Nope didn't make the word here a link. You using tapatalk? I'd try it but I don't remember my password, never logged off. Life's a beach.

Comment

me again

...and then you fry.

Sorry that was one of your posts. Try the pmid702c thread I think its the same unit as yours and they have posted the same problem. Looks like a wait for update or custom rom solution.

I'd like to see a changelog on updates so I could get new video and audio drivers myself.
          but shhh it's a secret. What we don't know we can't sue about.

Comment

Polaroids have 3-axes

I need to dispel the myth I started in another thread about Polaroids only having 2-axes. I know some other cheap tablets only have 2-axes and it was only meant to be a suggestion as to why Temple Run doesn't work.

The other day I downloaded an app that displays that value of each axis and I can confirm that our Polaroids indeed have 3-axes.

Comment

Working...
            X