It's TIME - 3066 End Of Life - Finless ROM support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's TIME - 3066 End Of Life - Finless ROM support

Folks, I am sorry to say this but with the time I have I can no longer work on anything 3066 related.

3188 has been out for a long while and lots of work on it. While doing 3188 ROMs I was able (time permitting) to continue to work on 3066 stuff. Now the AMLogic A9 is out and I am working on that. 3288 is HERE and I will be working on that very soon!

So I just have no more time for anything 3066. This was just like about 14 months ago when I stopped working on RK29.

So understand. Please don't PM me asking for a updated ROMs on this 3066 platform. It's just not going to happen now. Not enough time and new things to be worked on.

Again, sorry... but it's time to move on.

I will answer questions from Dev's that want some help making an new ROM. Within the limits of the question. So this does not mean the end of the 3066 but not much more support from me.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

This is bit painful for user like me to know...
    but we appreciate your support and decision...

Comment

Too bad, now that KitKat seems to be just around the corner. But I can understand your decision. In fact, I'm amazed that this platform has seen such active development for such a long time.

Thank you very much

Comment

thanks for all the support you gave these TV-Sticks and i understand you can support old Tech for only so long.

Comment

You are not the only one to mention this, but 3188 is not far for life either until Kernel is updated from what I hear. Key-Lime PIE is being mentioned more and more with a 3.10+ Kernel. Is this inline with what you are hearing too? 3188 KitKat with 3.0.101 offers little if any improvement in performance over 3.0.36, is what I have found. Anyone seriously working on a 3.10+ KitKat?

Comment

Re: It's TIME - 3066 End Of Life - Finless ROM support

Then, will you continue supporting RK3188 devices such as Ifive Mini3 Retina?

Comment

WTF

That's - What The Firmware
              Oh well guess its time for the old dual core to RIP (Rockchip in peace).

Bob is a busy guy and I look forward to rest of his creations especially on some of this new gear. More horsepower under the hood is always a good thing as long as the price stays right. I am also sure many other Dev's here will continue on the dual cores for some time to come.

Comment

Working...
              X