Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving up on the UT1 - can anyone recommend a reliable box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving up on the UT1 - can anyone recommend a reliable box?

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable tv box.

I currently have a Ugoos UT1 which is nothing but trouble. When it works, it does (almost) exactly what I need. Unfortunately, though, it freezes and reboots constantly and randomly. I'm ready to give up on it. I've tried countless roms and configurations developed by the good people on this forum but to no avail.

Wasser, in particular, has been very helpful in trying to resolve my issues, along with others in the Ugoos 3188 devices subforum, but I think it's just the case that I have a faulty unit, or the UT1 is inherently flawed.

So if anyone can recommend a reliable box/stick, I'm all ears!
    What I need:
    • Strong and reliable wifi
    • The ability to run Netflix smoothly
    • The ability to stream over wifi (I use Plex)
    • The abilityplay 1080 stutter-free and without frameskips.
    • Digital audio passthrough

Note: When my Ut1 *works*, it does all of these things satisfactorily - wasser's kitkat rom is excellent in this regard. Unfortunately I can't get it to stay working consistently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SLHQC

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
    Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable tv box.

I currently have a Ugoos UT1 which is nothing but trouble. When it works, it does (almost) exactly what I need. Unfortunately, though, it freezes and reboots constantly and randomly. I'm ready to give up on it. I've tried countless roms and configurations developed by the good people on this forum but to no avail.

Wasser, in particular, has been very helpful in trying to resolve my issues, along with others in the Ugoos 3188 devices subforum, but I think it's just the case that I have a faulty unit, or the UT1 is inherently flawed.

So if anyone can recommend a reliable box/stick, I'm all ears!
    What I need:
    • Strong and reliable wifi
    • The ability to run Netflix smoothly
    • The ability to stream over wifi (I use Plex)
    • The abilityplay 1080 stutter-free and without frameskips.
    • Digital audio passthrough
    Note: When my Ut1 *works*, it does all of these things satisfactorily - wasser's kitkat rom is excellent in this regard. Unfortunately I can't get it to stay working consistently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SLHQC
    You can try mele a1000g. I have it and it works great. I don't know about Netflix though. Haven't tried it

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
      You can try mele a1000g. I have it and it works great. I don't know about Netflix though. Haven't tried it

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. Do you stream over wifi? If so, how does it perform -smooth playback at all resolutions?

Comment

Originally posted by SLHQC View Post
        Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. Do you stream over wifi? If so, how does it perform -smooth playback at all resolutions?
        You are talking about xbmc?

Comment

Working...
        X