Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-R42 problems with Windows drivers

Here is my story.

I bought a T-R42 a few days ago (Original T-R42 Quad Core Google Android 4.2.2 RK3188T 28nm Cortex-A9 1.4 GHz Mini TV BOX HDMI HDD Player 2G/8G Bluetooth/RJ45/External Wifi Antenna with IR Remote Controller-Black) from geekbuying.

After many tries i finally Rooted it and have CWM recovery 6.0.3.1

My problem is i cannot install any other ROM. None of the Rockchip batch tool 1.7 and RKandroidtool 1.37 recognize my box. I triedso many drivers for rockusb.inf ( versions 3.0 3.40 3.50 3.70 signed and unsigned) and so many android ADB generic drivers (version 7 , 8 , 9 ) in my main system windows 8.1 (also booting with disabled signature driver) and also in 2 Virtual machines using Windows 7 and windows XP. also tried the automatic "Release_DriverAssitant" and didn't work also.

Please show me some screenshots of the device manager so i can figure out how to do it work, because i tried everything! Is something wrong with my android device????

In the device manager you see "rokusb' under "class for rockusb devices" ??? or android ADB interface??

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
    Is 'Usb debugging enabled'?
    See: desktop/settings/developer

You could try.. Installing Moborobo on your pc
    -see if it connects to your unit
    Remember.. Mobo needs to be closed/quit, before using any flash tools

Or using usbdeview..
    To first remove old 'android' drivers

Ps..
    You should probably check your pcb/motherboard version.. Before flashing a new fw
    -gk sales b351v2 currently.. In the pas his vendor/oem changed pcb without informing him
    --well.. Some users have stated getting pcb b351v3.2.. its unknow if the v2 fw works on v3.2

Anyway.... Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
      Hi,
      Is 'Usb debugging enabled'?
      See: desktop/settings/developer

You could try.. Installing Moborobo on your pc
      -see if it connects to your unit
      Remember.. Mobo needs to be closed/quit, before using any flash tools

Or using usbdeview..
      To first remove old 'android' drivers

Ps..
      You should probably check your pcb/motherboard version.. Before flashing a new fw
      -gk sales b351v2 currently.. In the pas his vendor/oem changed pcb without informing him
      --well.. Some users have stated getting pcb b351v3.2.. its unknow if the v2 fw works on v3.2

Anyway.... Goodluck
      Thank you for your answer.

Yes Debugging is enabled of course.

Will try to open the box and check the PCB.

edit. The board is 351 v2.0

The ROMs must installed on the device in Recovery mode only or and in normal boot with debug enabled?

Last edited by lefteris82; 05-27-2014, 11:07.

Comment

Here is the thing.

I turned on the Mass storage in storage settings and now 2 new devices appears in device manager

I start the rockchip Batch tool to flash the ROM by lewy20041 using the instructions.

so if i push 'restore' i 'm getting the following message. If i press first 'switch' the LED turns into RED and nothing happens. Is my device faulty ????

I tried also RKandroidtool 1.37 to flash the 1.2.5 version from Wasser but i 'm getting also an error "MSC cant erase IDB"

Comment

Hi,
          Try making th 'Fw path' less
          Make sure moborobe isn't running in the back ground

its a update.img
          Perhaps.. you should use update ( as your fw might not be a full fw)

On some devices.. enabling 'mass storage' will disable 'usb debugging'
          Thats.. my thoughts

Updating.. can be done using two ways..
          Holding recovery button
          And sometimes..
          Using full boot / switch / ...

Anyway.. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
            Hi,
            Try making th 'Fw path' less
            Make sure moborobe isn't running in the back ground

its a update.img
            Perhaps.. you should use update ( as your fw might not be a full fw)

On some devices.. enabling 'mass storage' will disable 'usb debugging'
            Thats.. my thoughts

Updating.. can be done using two ways..
            Holding recovery button
            And sometimes..
            Using full boot / switch / ...

Anyway.. goodluck
            If I disable mass store i cannot see the device on rockchip flash tools connected at all.

If i boot into recovery i can't either.

If i press the switch button in the batch tool 1.7 the device goes into some strange mode and i m getting 'unkown usb device' in device manager.

My problem I think is that the device cannot boot into 'bootloader mode'

Comment

Working...
            X